Finally Bit Into The Droid, Tasting Great....

glennj

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Droidites.....new owner as of last night....got early upgrade just 1 year into my contract on an Omnia, which I am not missing at all.

Been hanging/will hand around, learning, absorbing, benefitting and hopefully contributing to the wisdom/experience found here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm new too, only been here about 2 weeks. Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great stuff here.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Congrats and welcome to the madness......

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you come from the Omnia, curious if you miss the fact you can't watch things like Hulu. I think that will be fixed next year with some new technology coming out for the Droid. I personally don't need or want Hulu or such, but I know that was a selling point for the Omnia.

Hope you enjoy your Droid as much as I do.

OP
glennj

glennj

Reaction score
Since you come from the Omnia, curious if you miss the fact you can't watch things like Hulu. I think that will be fixed next year with some new technology coming out for the Droid. I personally don't need or want Hulu or such, but I know that was a selling point for the Omnia.

Hope you enjoy your Droid as much as I do.

I agree....I think I could say while that particular feature was good to have, the more I am getting to know the Droid, the more I can say that any one single capability that the Omnia had was quite often trumped by some other incapacities....such as an abysmal soft keyboard I could never type without correct every single word on (my fingers are big) and texting/MMS was hit and miss (updates, tech support, new Omnia....no one could determine if the issue was network or phone)....I'd go for a day or two w/o getting any and then all of a sudden I'd get 50 or more at a time.

I am truly enjoying the Droid as well....so far exceeding my expectations and was hungry for a new OS other than WM. And, I don't have to deal with ActiveSync anymore.....:)

Deuel

Reaction score
Welcome. You couldn't have picked a better time. One OTA update already, one planned for next month, root access. Lots of great stuff happening fast!

OP
glennj

glennj

Reaction score
Welcome. You couldn't have picked a better time. One OTA update already, one planned for next month, root access. Lots of great stuff happening fast!

Thanks! Very cool.....looking forward to it for sure.