File manager

olean

Reaction score
Here's a rather simple question. Isn't the file manager that comes with the droid 2 good enough? Why are there so many file managers in the market? What do they do that the stock one can't? Maybe I am missing something. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I imagine the stock file manager app is analogous to Astro which is a good app. I doubt that the stock app would be sufficient should you root.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea if you plane on rooting you need astro if a lot better than the stock file manager

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Astro is the same as the stock file manager, you wont get full root access. You need ROOT EXPLORER to be able to manage your root files, change boot animations, delete non wanted stock apps etc.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for Root Explorer. It provides many options. Well worth the price.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yes root explorer is a must if your going to be doing some things after you root besides just tethering

OP
olean

olean

Reaction score
Haven't rooted yet...still deciding if I want to...seems like a lot of xtra time going back and forth to allow for updates. Anyways, thanks for your answers.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
You don't have to unroot to get an update you can force the update when done one posts it some times the updates are already deodexed. Plus you don't need an update if you change your rom unless that new rom you flashed is being updated then you can flash an update the same way you flagged the rom

sent from my Droid 2 using my mind