Figured out my problems with Gingerbread!

myaswiller

Reaction score
Nobody even attempted to help me with my problems ever since upgrading to GB. But I finally figured it out. LPP is causing my social networking widget to force close. My screen would turn black when I unlocked my phone. Also when I looked at the social networking and news widget, when I closed it, the articles/statuses I looked at wouldn't go away like they normally would. I decided to freeze LauncherPro to test it and sure enough, everything is running great. I hate the stock launcher though so I am pretty upset about it. Anybody know why this is happening? I obviously am the only one who is having problems. I had no problems on Froyo.,

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

google123

Reaction score
Hmm weird. I've not had any problems with LPP (knock on wood).

OP
M

myaswiller

Reaction score
Well I hope you don't. I am trying out GoLauncher and its pretty good so far. I like some of the features on it that LPP doesn't have and I like the different themes. My widgets like this one too. :) I am glad I figured it out because I almost went back to Froyo! And that would have made me mad cause I paid for the GB rooted update. but I am good to go and my droid pro is finally working flawlessly! (Knock on wood too!)

OP
M

myaswiller

Reaction score
So I shouldn't have said anything, because last night EVERYTHING on my phone was force closing. At first I thought it was just GoSMSpro because when I was texting, it would freeze, but no, everything was freezing. My browser, my home screens, my launcher, everything. I have NO idea why but I had to keep restarting just to text last night. I am soooo mad and just so tired of GB so I am gonna just go back to Froyo and be out of 6 bucks.

Zepplin76

Reaction score
Have you tried "fix permissions"? Sometimes when switching ROMs this happens even if updating from froyo to gingerbread...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gdfather

Reaction score
I've heard that's why VZ stopped the GB updates on the Pro. Because something in the update was jacking things up.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've heard that's why VZ stopped the GB updates on the Pro. Because something in the update was jacking things up.

Yeah, all of their Gingerbread updates had some sort of issue, which became readily apparent when they pushed out the update for the X. They then pulled the updates for the Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, and Droid Pro. For some reason, the Droid Pro update actually was sent out to some users (maybe to see if it had the same issues?), but then it was pulled completely. The Droid 2 just got the Gingerbread update, so hopefully the Pro's official, full release isn't far behind.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Well I hope you don't. I am trying out GoLauncher and its pretty good so far. I like some of the features on it that LPP doesn't have and I like the different themes. My widgets like this one too. :) I am glad I figured it out because I almost went back to Froyo! And that would have made me mad cause I paid for the GB rooted update. but I am good to go and my droid pro is finally working flawlessly! (Knock on wood too!)

If you're having problems with the rooted version of GB and want to keep GB, try the unrooted version of GB. It's free and the update file is available in this forum. Don't know why you are having the problems you're having, but I have the unrooted version of GB on my Pro since it was available and have absolutely ZERO problems and I'm running LPP.