FDR, Root and TiBU

doniago

Reaction score
Alright, so I've heard that doing an FDR can make my ICS'd RM work a fair bit better, especially with regards to battery life. I like this.

I don't like the idea of my data disappearing, though.

I've been using Voodoo to keep my root intact through the various ICS versions, so I guess I'm left with a few questions, and then a possible procedure-

Question 1) If I do an FDR but then reinstall everything from TiBU, will I essentially cancel out whatever gains I might have gotten from the FDR?

Question 2) Can I reinstall everything from TiBU, or would you recommend specifically not reinstalling certain things? I know when changing ROMs for instance, one is encouraged not to reinstall the system apps (i.e. green and red).

Question 3) If I do an FDR I assume I have to use Matt's Utility to get my root back, since even if I reinstall Voodoo it won't have a saved copy of root to restore at that point...or will it?

So, I'm thinking my procedure would basically be-

1) Backup with TiBu.
2) FDR
3) Use Matt's utility to re-root.
4) Use TiBu to reinstall.

Thanks very much for your help!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
FDR does not remove root so you will be good there, so yes you could back up with TiBu.

Do your FDR, and then install TiBu and restore your stuff. Doing a restore would not undo the effects of the FDR, a FDR just makes sure your system files have a clean version that might have gotten a little off while doing the OS upgrade.