Favorite settings widget help

enduser2941

Reaction score
Hey DF,

Once again I have come to my favorite Forums site looking for some help for a bewildering problem. I decided to make maintenance for my SGH-i717 a little easier so I took a Home screen and I'm putting on it widgets of all the utilities that I use to clean up, optimize and maintenance my device. One of the widgets that I am trying to add is the "Favorite Settings" widget which is under >Widgets>Choose Widget>Settings> There are two choices here, Assistive Light, which is just a Flashlight app, and Favorite Settings. When I select Favorite Settings, I get the "No more room on this home screen" error. The problem is that there are no widgets yet on this home screen. I have tried adding additional rows and columns, every thing from the default, which I believe is 4x4, up to 6x6. And, not that it should matter but I have also tried with the device in both portrait and landscape, but no matter how I have tried, I constantly get that error message. I am truly at a loss as to why I would be getting this error on a completely clean and brand new home screen. I added the new home screen window just for this purpose.

Does anyone have any possible idea why I am encountering this and how can get the Settings widget to be placed on my home screen? I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks a bunch!

EU

OP
E

enduser2941

Reaction score
Come on DF, you can't let me down now. You guys always pull through and get me through all my silly issues. Please don't let this one be the only one you haven't been able to tackle! :)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
try increasing the rows and columns more, keep increasing it until the widget fits, afterwards you may be able to change it back to something smaller and the widget will stay.
im just guessing here so this may or may not work.

OP
E

enduser2941

Reaction score
I tried making it 6x6 and that didn't work either. I think I have figured out the issue but I am not sure. If I go onto the Apex Launcher settings click on the Menu button then slide over to the widgets, I do see the settings widget, though when I press and hold then slide it on to any home screen, it gives me a choice of which option within settings I want to create the shortcut to, when what I am really wanting to do is to put the settings button itself on the home screen so that I do not have to click Menu?Settings each time. Is it possible that there is no general widget for settings and you have to only select which option you want linked?

Thanks!
EU

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
sorry i missed your post some how.
unfortunately i don't know the answer to your question, hopefully someone else will jump in and help out.