Fastest way to restore with Titanium Backup after a wipe?

sigua

Reaction score
What's the fastest way to get back into Titanium Backup after a wipe?

Right now I'm enabling wifi (to speed things up), signing into my Google account, dl'ing the key and app, and then go ahead and restore my stuff. Is there a way to get to TB without dl'ing it from the market first?

OP
S

sigua

Reaction score
What's the fastest way to get back into Titanium Backup after a wipe?

Right now I'm enabling wifi (to speed things up), signing into my Google account, dl'ing the key and app, and then go ahead and restore my stuff. Is there a way to get to TB without dl'ing it from the market first?

And as a follow-up, how do I get my labels to carry over after a wipe? I set them up, ran a backup for TB, but when I restored the app/data, the labels still aren't there. I was hoping to be able to run batches of apps to restore without having to do them all or one by one.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I guess you could create an update.zip within Titanium Backup, but I rarely use it because when I flash it's to flash to another ROM; and flashing another ROM then installing the titanium backup ZIP I created would carry over system files from the previous ROM.

I don't know if what I do is the fastest way but I think I can help.

The fastest way I think to restore from Titanium Backup is to delete all uninstalled backups before flashing a new ROM. I go through my list of apps I don't want sometimes and delete them. Other times I do this below:

I turn on WiFi as you do, disable auto backup in the following menus. Download Titanium Backup from the market. This can be done with a file manager too, if it's preinstalled on the ROM, just install it from SD. Then load up TB and filter USER apps so you don't pull any system apps. Then I back restore app/data and uncheck items that I may want to install later but don't need them installed just yet.

Also if you're going from one ROM to a different version of the same ROM, like BB or SS, right now I'm using Chevy SS, I can backup all apps and restore all apps and restore all accounts from within the ChevyTools in Settings. Then use Titanium Backup to restore important data.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
And as a follow-up, how do I get my labels to carry over after a wipe? I set them up, ran a backup for TB, but when I restored the app/data, the labels still aren't there. I was hoping to be able to run batches of apps to restore without having to do them all or one by one.

I used to use AppsOrganizer to add the different labels to the filters, but I have had lots of issues with those labels not carrying over to future ROMs so I just gave up on it after a LOT of re-adding labels.

I believe if you keep AppsOrganizer and restore appsorganizer within titanium backup, with data, it will restore those labels. It didn't always seem to work for me. Anyway I had this issue and that's how I attempted to fix it, I really hope it helps.