Fascinate phone

nicki248

Reaction score
I have 2 questions, first, I had a itouch before and I have alot of music on itunes on my computer and I would like to know if I can put the songs on my new fascinate phone, I used an itunes card and bought these songs. Second, my phone had something called buddies or something like that and now I seem to have lost it or deleted it somehow, can you tell me how to get it back, thanks for the help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions, first, I had a itouch before and I have alot of music on itunes on my computer and I would like to know if I can put the songs on my new fascinate phone, I used an itunes card and bought these songs. Second, my phone had something called buddies or something like that and now I seem to have lost it or deleted it somehow, can you tell me how to get it back, thanks for the help.

If the songs you purchased are protected mp3s then you will not be able to move them to your new phone. Try moving them from iTunes on your computer with a free program called double twist and load it on your fascinate.

If the files have drm then they will not be able to load on your new phone. This is why I never purchase music from Apple, I'd rather purchase from Amazon in MP3 format. Not all music files from Apple have drm, and if you look you can find ways to remove the protection. I will not go into details on how to do that for you in this forum, but Google is our friend.

I think you mean contacts, not buddies. Contacts should be backed up to your gmail account, you should have set that up at the time of purchase of the phone or possibly when you first got it. That should serve as your main backup for Contacts. Within contacts there are favorites but no buddy list.

OP
N

nicki248

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, about the second question there was something like buddies now, where you could put 3 or 4 people on the buddies list, but somehow I lost it. So if I want to buy some songs where is the best place to buy from. Thanks again

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, about the second question there was something like buddies now, where you could put 3 or 4 people on the buddies list, but somehow I lost it. So if I want to buy some songs where is the best place to buy from. Thanks again

I purchase mine on line by my computer on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more. You can purchase them from our phone that way too, if you like. The are all drm free and very good prices.

OP
N

nicki248

Reaction score
So I need to make sure any songs are not drm, and if I buy songs just save them to my phone, what if some day I need to put my phone back to the default, can I get songs back, thanks I am so new to this stuff.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I need to make sure any songs are not drm, and if I buy songs just save them to my phone, what if some day I need to put my phone back to the default, can I get songs back, thanks I am so new to this stuff.

When you put a song on your phone from your computer it does't move the song, it creates a copy of the song. So really what you are doing is copying the song file not moving it from your computer to the phone.

Derek32

Reaction score
WhatWhat I used to do to get my itunes on my samsung reality and chocolate touch was create a free rapsody account and then transfer ny itunes music to the rapsody account and then transfer to my phone. U can do it with limewire too but u have to move the limewire music to itunes then to rapsody then to ur phone. Hope that helped lol

OP
N

nicki248

Reaction score
I have so many songs on itunes, what do you mean transfer them, like right clicking on each songs, I am not good at this stuff. Thanks so much.

Derek32

Reaction score
once u creaAte a rhapsody account u can click add librrary and it will ask you if you want to import your itunes library. import it then plug your phone into your computer and drag and drop the songs you want onto your phone. verizon can help you with this a little further if you call costomer service. :)

bL33d

Reaction score
Use the amazon store app to buy songs from now on. It is included on the droid is it not on the fascinate?