Fascinate Notification Bar on Droid X?

Redjak

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I recently was playing with my friend's Blackberry, and noticed that in his notification bar, there are toggles for WiFi, vibrate mode, etc, all right there in the notification bar. My friend is getting a Fascinate, and I saw that it too has toggles in the notification bar. I have to admit, I'm pretty jealous those phones have it, but my Droid X doesn't (at least by default)! Anyone know how I can do something similar, a mod or something? I'd rather not flash custom ROMs. I'm actually not sure if my Droid is still rooted...I got the pushed Gingerbread update, but my apps that require SU access still work. So I'd assume that if the app needed root access, I'd be fine. Thanks in advance!

OP
R

Redjak

Reaction score
Ha, thank you for that reply. I'm going to have to ask that you're a little less informative next time. But seriously...that's what I'm asking! What apps?

Masamichi7

Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about this, but I know with the app Widgetsoid, there's an options to set up widgets, like for Wifi and Brightness and such, in the notification pulldown bar.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bkendrick

Reaction score
Tasker can do this. Try doing a search for "notification toggle" and see what comes up.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.5

OP
R

Redjak

Reaction score
Ok thank you, I have both of those apps, I'm going to go try it right now :)

bkendrick

Reaction score
And sorry if I came across as a little short. That was not my intention.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.5

meshdub

Reaction score
Widgetsoid doesn't work properly on GB unfortunately :(
When you click an icon in notification bar, you get a popup with the widget, where you have to click that icon again.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I recently was playing with my friend's Blackberry, and noticed that in his notification bar, there are toggles for WiFi, vibrate mode, etc, all right there in the notification bar. My friend is getting a Fascinate, and I saw that it too has toggles in the notification bar. I have to admit, I'm pretty jealous those phones have it, but my Droid X doesn't (at least by default)! Anyone know how I can do something similar, a mod or something? I'd rather not flash custom ROMs. I'm actually not sure if my Droid is still rooted...I got the pushed Gingerbread update, but my apps that require SU access still work. So I'd assume that if the app needed root access, I'd be fine. Thanks in advance!

Try Notification Toggle. It works for me.

meshdub

Reaction score
Try Notification Toggle. It works for me.

Actually, the separate notification toggles might work, but if you put them all in one row, they still bring up an additional popup window, basically defeating the purpose of the feature. This is on GB, probably works fine on Froyo.