Farewell Moto X (1st gen)?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Moto-x-copy.jpg

I'm not even exaggerating a tiny bit when I tell you: I have been checking the Motomaker website every SINGLE day since the Moto X Gen 2 was announced. I was hoping for some type of price drop on the 1st gen MotoX because frankly, the Gen 2 is just too big for my taste. I think the first Moto X is the perfect size for a phone.

So if any price drop came along, I was going to jump on that first Moto X. Apparently, I shouldn't have waited. Today when I checked the Motomaker website, what do I see???
The BUILD YOURS Button is gone!!

The following new text has been added:
(Pssst...we just announced the all new Moto X, which we hope you will love even more. Click here for details)

Say it ain't so, Moto...

Last edited by a moderator:

realged13

Reaction score
Wow, I was really considering getting one of those. I wonder if we can expect a sale from Amazon or Best Buy?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree...looks like it's been removed from the Moto Maker list. The Moto X (1st Gen) is not even listed on Verizon's website either as an option. Bummer...for those that want / wanted a custom built 1st Gen phone. I figured they would keep it going a little longer...but guess not. Looks like the deals on places like Swapp or the Dev Edition @ Motorola might be the only options. Still nice phones...but there was something cool about opening that box with a custom designed, custom colored phone. I'm glad I bought my wife one when I did. Hope you can find one that you like @PereDroid.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm looking forward to the new (rumored) Turbo. If that doesn't tickle my fancy I'll get that Dev Edition IF it's still available.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm still looking around for a good priced one. Seen a couple $150-$175 used ones, but either seller doesn't respond or the damage they claim as "minor" clearly aren't minor.

imgreg

Reaction score
Motorola doesn't want to invest their time into the first gen :(