Failed downloads of ZIP files ... fix?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting failed downloads on ZIP files on my D2.

Says "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." when I click on the failed download message in the status drop-down.

Any way to fix this? I could download anything on the D1...not being able to download ZIP files is a pain.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try using a different browser or connect to wifi...

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You need to install Astro file browser from market. After it is installed you can download zip files and other file types to your phone...

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Astro installed, paid version, even.

Any other ideas?

This is the site where it's failing:

www.928droid.com

papafobb

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I also have astro. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still no luck. Installed linda file mgr which also allows file dload, that didn't work either. Anyone?

EDIT: Seems to only be 928's site. I just grabbed a random zip from another site no prob. Went back to 928droid and it failed again. Weird.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can I suggest just download it on your computer, connect your droid to the computer and click mass storage, and move that zip to the root of your sdcard (that means do not go into any folders).

I am running the 928 theme, I actually had to rename it update.zip (update for windows 7).... even though you normally do not have to rename zip files on cw, I found it could not find it until I did rename it.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
PC747: Yeah...but I don't want to connect my Droid to my computer every time I want to download a zip...part of the purpose of a Smartphone is to not need a computer to do everything. ;) But I know what you mean, there are work-arounds...

Papafob - thanks for posting that download worked on another site - just tried another web site and it worked fine. I'll have to let 928 know that something's up with his site.

papafobb

Reaction score
No worries red. Im glad I wasn't the only one going wtf. Haha.