Facebool Profile Pics don't update on Droid 2

ben96

Reaction score
When I update my facebook profile or my friends update there's it never updates my contact pics or my profile picture on the social status widget.Please help its really annoying

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Khiraji

Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a known bug and has plagued virtually all D2s since launch. There's an app out there called SyncMyPix which people have had success with; it fubar'd the contacts on my D2, but that's because I have a bunch of contacts linked in a complicated way.

If you delete the Facebook app and remove your Facebook account on your D2, then re-add both, it will pull down a current list of your Facebook contacts (complete with their current pictures) and integrate it into your D2. Unfortunately, this process also destroys any links between Facebook contacts and phone contacts - not really a big deal if you have a simple contact list, but can be a pain in the sack

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Can I use syncmypix while I have my native facebook account setup or will the account prevent pics from being changed

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
I guess ill stick to the standard re-add account way of doing it because syncmypix doesn't work at all.Wonder when Droid 2s gonna get an update

Khiraji

Reaction score
Intel is still a bit sketchy, but we're reasonably sure that the D2 will get its Gingerbread update by the end of the summer at the latest.

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Ok thanks

Khiraji

Reaction score
Sorry to bump up an ancient thread, but I just noticed that here on the GB leak, Facebook profile pics are in fact syncing correctly to my phone contacts. I haven't been running the GB leak for very long (a week or so) but so far the Facebook sync problem appears to be fixed... at least on my Droid.

If you're feeling adventurous, I'd highly recommend giving it a try. It's not hard, but takes a few hours to do properly from start to finish. Read through the how-tos on this forum, they are super helpful! GB official will probably drop in the next few weeks though, so if it's not really frustrating... what's a few more weeks on top of the dozens we've waited already? :)

Sent via subspace link from my DROID2 - Atlantis Base, Pegasus Galaxy