Facebook updated to 1.3.0

CyD

Reaction score
I'm not so big on the app, so I can't really gauge how much it's improved, but it looks like a big update. What do you guys think?

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Wish I could get it to install. Gives me an error message every time I try "Installation unsuccessful" not sure if its my rom or the theme. I would guess the theme since it is a themed version of the app.

OP
C

CyD

Reaction score
Wish I could get it to install. Gives me an error message every time I try "Installation unsuccessful" not sure if its my rom or the theme. I would guess the theme since it is a themed version of the app.
That would be the reason. Go into root explorer and delete the apk file.

tlippert

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem.... I believe it's because it is in system/app not data/app due to the fact that it is themed...

bucknutz

Reaction score
seems to be a bit better. haven't had any notifications yet to test it.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
That would be the reason. Go into root explorer and delete the apk file.

yeah but I don't wanna loose my themed version really, its all nice and black and not stock ugliness. Guess I'll just wait for 928Droid to update.

cleassan

Reaction score
Where is the option to view pages? Most of my FB activity is with business/vendor pages, when they have coupons and contests. The iPhone version has a tab for Pages when viewing the Friends list. I can't use this app until they add that...

trebb

Reaction score
I like the 'notifications' thing at the bottom..but why are the ONLY things you get notified about messages/friend reqs/events? That's the stuff I use the least! I want wall posts, status comments and all..it just brings it to the browser. I also hate that you can view pictures..but only their albums. I want to see photos people are tagged in. Not just the ones they uploaded.

It just looks like a UI change to me really. I see no added functionality.

legacy

Reaction score
Im still having problems with the notifs. I get the authentication error 102 and it asks me to reenter password. then it works for a few mintues then i get the same error. i am giving up on the notifications for now i guess.

one problem i have with it, is that it automatically added another list to my contacts called "nativefacebook". and i already had the social networking "facebook" contacts installed so I am trying to get rid of this new contact list. Is there a way to delete a group from your contacts?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
the widget doesn't even load.

Worked fine for me. I did not have it and tested to see if it was better. Its the same but I heard if you already used it you need to remove it and add it again.