Facebook photo update

radtech1976

Reaction score
New to droid so forgive me if this is a repost. I have the fb app on my droid x and I love that it updates wall posts and put everyones profile pic as there contact pic in my phone. Bit I was wonderig if there is a way to make it update the pictures wiith there current fb pic? Let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It should do it auto-magically. If not, give it some time. The FB app isn't really "real-time."

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

radtech1976

Reaction score
That's what I thought but its been a week or so and its still showing older pics. I was wondering if there was a way to manually do it

kevinkar

Reaction score
The built in social networking app apparently does not update the profile pictures automatically nor does it update the contacts pictures either. I have the same pictures showing for all FB friends from 2.5 months ago. Same is true of the shortcuts I placed on the desktop for my top 4 texting friends. Those pictures are all way out of date but never update.

I installed but don't use the actual FB app. Perhaps that one should update.....

draconastar

Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm wondering the exact same thing - my contact's pictures don't update with their Facebook profiles when they change them. It's not exactly a HUGE issue, but it'd be nice to have the pictures change appropriately. I know you can set them manually, but again... this seems like something you should be able to do. Anyone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Check out Syncmypix in the market

Sent from my D2 test device

draconastar

Reaction score
Awesome! While this isn't built in, which I had hoped it would be, this does exactly what I want it to do. I can even schedule updates if I'd like. :D

Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem, glad it helped :)

DroidForums Junkie!!