Facebook Password or Username Incorrect

hcrawford0

Reaction score
My FB account was hacked a week ago, and I changed the password--from my RAZR. I logged back in and everything was fine. I thought. Everyday since, I have gotten a notifcation from RAZR that my password and username are incorrect--even though I am logged into and using FB!!! I have updated my password on the desktop FB site and logged in and out of the mobile app several times, but this nuisance continues. Since FB is now bloatware, I cannot uninstall and reinstall, which I know would fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Have you tried clearing data on the app?

Should be Settings > Apps > All. And then scroll to the FB app, select it, and while in there choose to clear data.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

kbaumler

Reaction score
My FB account was hacked a week ago, and I changed the password--from my RAZR. I logged back in and everything was fine. I thought. Everyday since, I have gotten a notifcation from RAZR that my password and username are incorrect--even though I am logged into and using FB!!! I have updated my password on the desktop FB site and logged in and out of the mobile app several times, but this nuisance continues. Since FB is now bloatware, I cannot uninstall and reinstall, which I know would fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Running into the same thing on my RAZR MAXX (w/ICS). Also had changed my fb password several weeks ago. Tried to revert my fb to an earlier version, but that made no difference.

May have found a fix this morning.
  1. System Settings
  2. Accounts and Sync
  3. If you have two fb accounts listed; select the one that goes to My Gallery
  4. Click Account settings
  5. Update your pw there or remove account.
Seems to be helping me out... hope this helps you.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was thinking it would be your account settings in my accounts ...... but wasn't sure...

OP
H

hcrawford0

Reaction score
Sloution Worked

It worked! Thank you so much for taking the time to post and help. Thank you!:biggrin:

davelab

Reaction score
Running into the same thing on my RAZR MAXX (w/ICS). Also had changed my fb password several weeks ago. Tried to revert my fb to an earlier version, but that made no difference.

May have found a fix this morning.
  1. System Settings
  2. Accounts and Sync
  3. If you have two fb accounts listed; select the one that goes to My Gallery
  4. Click Account settings
  5. Update your pw there or remove account.
Seems to be helping me out... hope this helps you.

This worked for me, Thanks