Facebook contact images

jp12687

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a Droid Pro (first droid) and when i first signed into facebook it attached contact profile pictures to each of my contacts. How do I get it to update these pictures when they update their profile pics?

thanks for your help

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I think you just have to turn sync on. Also u can pick how often you want it to sync. To get there you go to settings and then account&sync.

Sent from my Droid

OP
J

jp12687

Reaction score
Hey,

when i go to Setting --> accounts and click on facebook it only lets me set username/password...no sync options...

StingRay

Reaction score
My contact pics seem to update when those FB users update their profile pics...

try this...go into Settings>Accounts and make sure your Facebook account is listed...from that screen click your Droid menu key and then select "Picture Source"....mine says Facebook for the only option...

not for sure that is what does it, but can't find any other setting and like I said mine seem to sync the contact pic changes fine...

good luck..

lalala11

Reaction score
same issue

I'm having the same problem and it appears so are a bunch of people. On the Droid Pro in the Facebook app settings there is no option for sync, so I don't know how to force it to sync.

Last edited:

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
yeah same issue here also.. it always put every friend i have on FB into my contacts list and there pic, but i dont want all them people on my list. i only want the people i have in my phone book to have there FB pic

lalala11

Reaction score
Hiding contacts

it always put every friend i have on FB into my contacts list and there pic, but i dont want all them people on my list. i only want the people i have in my phone book to have there FB pic

If you don't want ALL of your Facebook contacts in your contacts list, go to Contacts, press Menu, and press Hide/Show. If you press the check mark for Facebook and press Done, it will hide all of your Facebook contacts that are not linked with a phone contact. Go through your list again to double check that it didn't miss anyone. If it did, just hold down on their name in your contacts list, and in the options menu that pops up press Hide Contact. If you want to unhide a person, go to Contacts > Menu > Hide/Show > All Hidden Contacts, check whoever you want to unhide, and press Done, and that person will reappear in your contacts list.

That's an easy one. Now if only we could get the contact pictures to sync!

bverse

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. No images are updating, and I can't find a resolution.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App