Facebook app that came on Droid=The best?

RTracer

Reaction score
New to smartphones and don't know squat, so....

Is the Facebook App that came installed on the Droid the best available?
Is it the only one available?

Seems to work fine, but I notice your only option is News Feed, no Live Feed.

To tell you the truth I have no idea what's the difference between Live feed and News feed when on my PC, but Live feed seems to have the most posts and such

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here

Thanks
Brian

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I tend to use the web version more on my Droid than the app itself.. I'm hoping they make some changes soon!

Silver Member
Reaction score
the droid version is great but i get force closes when clicking on links in people's postings.

Mark5047

Reaction score
I also use the web browser version. The app is pretty lame so far.

struong57

Reaction score
Which web version are you guys using?

lite.facebook.com

m.facebook.com

touch.facebook.com

Or the full site, facebook.com?

Lafond

Reaction score
The droid app sucks. I couldn't even check my messages with it. I like the one on my ipod, so until something comparable to that comes out, I'll stick with the web version.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If I type in facebook.com it automatically sends me to touch.facebook.com. I have a link to that bookmark set on my homescreen so I touch that rather than the Facebook app. Anyway to change my facebook bookmark link icon to the facebook app icon?

heem

Reaction score
The app really could be nice. It seems polished and fast - but it's just missing some really key features like notification on comments

gskimmel

Reaction score
I've used the facebook ap for the iPhone and for the Nokia N97 devices. The Android version on the Droid is the worse.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i don't know why you guys say the app is so terrible. the "official" MS app for WinMo is the worst. you can't even read the comments on anything. at least with the android app, if there's something it can't do, it tries to redirect you to the mobile site instead.

i've had no problems finding out who did what and when using the android app.

gskimmel

Reaction score
The question was if the facebook ap for Android was the best out there, and the answer is no.

If the question was is the facebook ap for Android terrible, then the answer would be no, too. The ap isn't terrible but it falls far short what the ap can do when compared to other mobile platforms.

My biggest complaint is that photos taken on the Droid using the facebook ap is terrible...the picture is so small. This is Droid specific because the G1 and My Touch phones are able to post pictures at the full size.

ska550

Reaction score
Facebook full site

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the fb full site? I'm able to access the touch and mobile sites fine, but every time I try to log in to the full site, my browser crashes.

Also, the posts in my news feed aren't in chronological order. This is only an issue with the mobile site. Is there any way to change this?

nyijedi

Reaction score
If you want a fully functional facebook app on Android, download Babbler. It's a paid app, but it's only a few bucks, and is the most functional app I've found so far. Bloo is also really good.

NVash

Reaction score
Im not liking the Facebook app so far. I cant check my messages and thats what really annoys me. Unless someone recently sent it and I get a prompt, I cant check it. Hopefully theyll fix that shortly.