Facebook App on Nexus not showing photos

batttlecheese

Reaction score
I Just got my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Runs beautifully, But the Facebook Android App is doing something wierd, I cant view my own photo albums it gives me a "webpage not Available" error message. Ive attached the screen shot to show what it says. Anyone else having this Problem? Facebook Ran fine on my droid 3. Any help would be appreciated

mrsjbreen

Reaction score
Not necessarily your phone...

My husband and I both have Droid 3's and have experienced the same glitch, which we first noticed about a week ago. I do not know the cause or solution, but wanted to let you know this may be unrelated to your phone change.

Svemirka

Reaction score
I got a Galaxy Nexus a few days ago and initally - the Facebook app seemed to work fine - by the time I was home ...

I can't upload photos
I can't post a status but I can comment
I can't view my own photos either - I get the same error message

I've deleted, reinstalled, removed the SIM card, restarted - you name it - it won't fix it

I called Verizon customer service - no help - keep saying they can't troubleshoot an app - well it's not the app because my cousin has the same phone and his Facebook app works just fine

I don't get it but I am annoyed enough to go chew someone out and return the phone altogether - I'm a Facebook addict!

LostRacer

Reaction score
I think its the app. It worked fine until this morning. I was able to do everything including upload vids and pics to FB.

Svemirka

Reaction score
i reset the phone and i can now post Statuses but I still get the page unavailable when I go to the Photos

kolcrok78

Reaction score
I have a LG G2x and been using facebook on it since November 2011 and I've never had a problem till now. The photo tab won't load and it keeps telling me web page not available like on the screen shot posted. I uninstalled facebook and reinstalled it again and nothing. I do know the day before I logged on facebook using my laptop and changed some of the settings on facebook. I don't know if this is the cause of facebook acting up. If any of you know if you were messing with the facebook settings on the main site itself then it could probably be that. I'm pretty confident that it has nothing to do with our phones. It's a software glitch because it seems to be targetting different phones. Hope this input is of any help. I want this problem resolved just as much as you guys/gals do. I'm a facebook junkie and this is hurting me bad right now.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Just use face books mobile site until fb updates their glitch ass app. Its pretty much the same anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
B

batttlecheese

Reaction score
I figured it out you have to activate timeline on facebook on desktop that will activate a new version of your profile on facebook android.

Svemirka

Reaction score
After I started having over-heating issues with the phone, I took it in and got it replaced with a New one.

and guess what - on this one, the Facebook app works just fine!! I did not update my profile on Fbook to the Timeline version, either...

This phone isn't overheating like the first one, either...I think I just had a bit of a faulty device.

This one works great - woo hoo!