Facebook and Twitter Updates?

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Is there an app that lets me get updates from Facebook and Twitter? I mean of course from the same app.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Executive Assistant allows you to view RSS Feeds, Twitter and Facebook as well as your calendar, missed calls, email and text msgs...however, if you are wanting to update the sites with one msg I think then you are looking for something line ping.fm.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Executive Assistant allows you to view RSS Feeds, Twitter and Facebook as well as your calendar, missed calls, email and text msgs...however, if you are wanting to update the sites with one msg I think then you are looking for something line ping.fm.

I have twitter setup to update my facebook profile, I was just wondering if there was an app that would like me see feeds in both at the same time, instead of having separate apps.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I have twitter setup to update my facebook profile, I was just wondering if there was an app that would like me see feeds in both at the same time, instead of having separate apps.

Check out Executive Assistant in the market - it is a widget that you can put on ur screen and view ur tweets and ur facebook feeds...it gives you several options for customization...hence - allowing you to view all the things I listed in my initial post...hope that helps.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score

Check out Executive Assistant in the market - it is a widget that you can put on ur screen and view ur tweets and ur facebook feeds...it gives you several options for customization...hence - allowing you to view all the things I listed in my initial post...hope that helps.

It's good, but, it shows more info than I want. I can't get rid of calls, messages, rss, etc. I only want to see Facebook and Twitter, if I could do that it would be great!

Edit: Checking out other apps mentioned.

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

It's good, but, it shows more info than I want. I can't get rid of calls, messages, rss, etc. I only want to see Facebook and Twitter, if I could do that it would be great!

Yes, I believe in settings you can choose what tabs you want displayed - I use all of them becuz it can be set to be viewed as your lockscreen so you never have to unlock ur phone to see what new info is there...it appears that it is editable from the lockscreen view but I am not sure about the widget portion after ur phone is unlocked. I do know, when I first DL'd the app, I did not use all the tabs that were available...the DEV for this app is very responsive and I do not want to mislead you - you could email him to check for sure...there is also a free version of the app that you could DL and play with and see if you can customize to you...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Yes, I believe in settings you can choose what tabs you want displayed - I use all of them becuz it can be set to be viewed as your lockscreen so you never have to unlock ur phone to see what new info is there...it appears that it is editable from the lockscreen view but I am not sure about the widget portion after ur phone is unlocked. I do know, when I first DL'd the app, I did not use all the tabs that were available...the DEV for this app is very responsive and I do not want to mislead you - you could email him to check for sure...there is also a free version of the app that you could DL and play with and see if you can customize to you...

My apologies - I did not read your post very well...I just reread and see where you were not able to remove the other tabs...I just was playing with the settings on mine and I see where you cannot remove missed calls, calendar, email and sms tabs - maybe they will grow on you and you will want to start using them LOL...

The only other app I know (but I do not think you can view it is to only update) is PingDroid but you have to have a ping.fm account...but I think you are past this step...

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
I tried Voda Phone Update. That app needs an updates itself, no widgets and it crashes a lot.

Slide Screen Pro seems like a home screen replacement.

Seems like I will have to stick to separate apps, now I'm starting to wish the Droid came with 5 screens (I'm aware of all my options with adding screens).

PingDroid only updates multiple sources I don't believe that you can see replies.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Just got a reply from the Executive Assistant dev.

Its not yet possible, but thanks for the suggestion -- I'll try to get that option into the next update. Will let you know once its available (probably in a week or so).

All the best

That's a fast and responsive dev!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Check into the "pure messenger widget" in the marketplace - you can select just facebook and twitter feeds / updates.