External video camera by tether

jbakelaar

Reaction score
I don't want to give up on the idea of having an external camera which could be oriented to provide a view of whatever I'm looking at. I think I have the problem solved. The simplest solution is to use the existing cmos camera and just extend the cable. In other words, remove the camera from the phone and reconnect it with a cable long enough to allow the camera to be clipped or glued to a hat.
I think a bluetooth connection is more desirable in a lot of ways, but I have no clue how to make that happen.
So I bought a parts droid on ebay and took it apart. The camera and mini board consist of a ccd camera module and what appears to be a 38? pin connector. My idea is/was simple. Cut the cable which ties the ccd board to the 38 pin connector and fabricate an extension cable then plug the camera back into the testbed and see if it works.
Unfortunately, I've hit a snag. The wiring in the cable is VEEERY tiny. Like thinner than a sharp knife, so that the whole measurement of the connector is less than the width of my pinky nail. But someone or more likely some machine made this which makes me think someone or some machine could fabricate an extension cable.
Does anyone here have any ideas who to consult with or how to approach solving this problem of fabricating an extension cable?