External Charger Suggestion?

FrustratedInc2User

Reaction score
Man, I so wish I had never picked this phone up.
I've had it replaced twice now, and now that the charger port has broken a third time, Verizon won't replace it because I rooted the phone.
The only reason I rooted it in the first place was because I was sick of broken version upgrade promises, most recent is 4.1, and this phone is stuck on, what, 2.3?
So great, I'm stuck with a dead phone, I then figure just buying an external charger and some spare batteries will solve my problem, right?

Well no. Because i've bought two of them, both of them were mislabeled and do not work with the incredible 2 batteries.
Hell, both of them have printed on them "FOR EVO" on it, despite the sites i've bought from claiming to support INC2.

So I'm not going to blinding buy a 3rd one and hope for the best, can anyone either suggest an external charger (preferably one that will also work for extended batteries) that has worked for them OR a way to unroot/revert my phone back to factory defaults? At least that way I could get a 3rd replacement...

Last edited:

Godly 1

Reaction score
Yo! I wanted to wait until the stuff I ordered from Amazon arrived and I had a chance to test it and... WOOHOO!!!
About a month ago, my Dinc 2, that I will have had for 2 years this Feb, finally started giving me a little trouble with the charging port... For a few Weeks, if I angled it just right, it would charge over night... But then, it finally would not work any which way at all... Sooooo, I ordered a wireless charging pad, and a wireless charging back for the phone. And, it is a beautiful thing!
Despite the 50/50 reviews on the pad, I played the odds and I'm glad I did! Cuz I fall into the half that it works for I guess.
Here's what I ordered.
LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat, and it was only about $15 and actually has Verizon branded on the back!
HTC Wireless Charging Battery Cover (BRC 550) for only about $5! That it is HTC, the fit is flawless! It adds just shy of a sick of gums worth of thickness (which I dig for holding the phone!) And it even feels less slippery than the one that came with the phone... Kinda rubbery even... My Dinc 2 is the White Best Buy one, and so with the Black Back, and Silver border around the screen, it's like the Girlfriend dyed her hair... A whole new look that I must say, ain't bad at all!
I ordered two of the doors just on case one may not have fit properly... And they were so cheap. But, it wasn't even an issue!
So, I hope this may help. Sorry you've been hangin for so long without anyone answering you... Your question went up at about the same time I put the order in...
Have a good night!