External Battery Charger??

mj12g

Reaction score
Hi All, first time poster here. My new Bionic just got delivered yesterday; I'm coming from the OG Droid. Off-topic, but I'm not pleased thus far with the screen and the pixelation, so I'm considering returning it. On the chance that I don't return it, though, here's a question: is there an external battery charger for the Bionic standard battery (that isn't some ridiculous $100 accessory)? I ordered a spare standard battery with the phone (which was actually missing from my shipment, btw, although that's beside the point), but there's no way to charge it externally. My OG droid extra battery came with a charger, and so I never needed to plug my phone into a charger, I could just swap the battery out when it was getting low. Believe it or not, this may actually be a deal breaker for me.

Terri M

Reaction score
Hi All, first time poster here. My new Bionic just got delivered yesterday; I'm coming from the OG Droid. Off-topic, but I'm not pleased thus far with the screen and the pixelation, so I'm considering returning it. On the chance that I don't return it, though, here's a question: is there an external battery charger for the Bionic standard battery (that isn't some ridiculous $100 accessory)? I ordered a spare standard battery with the phone (which was actually missing from my shipment, btw, although that's beside the point), but there's no way to charge it externally. My OG droid extra battery came with a charger, and so I never needed to plug my phone into a charger, I could just swap the battery out when it was getting low. Believe it or not, this may actually be a deal breaker for me.

Amazon.com sells an external battery charger, and it comes with an extra battery.
You can find it here: Amazon.com: Motorola 89508N Battery Dock with BW Battery and Rapid Wall Charger for DROID BIONIC - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
M

mj12g

Reaction score
Thanks, that seems to be what I'm looking for, although the price is pretty steep. Why oh why can't they just include an external charger with the battery??

GBH2

Reaction score
Thanks, that seems to be what I'm looking for, although the price is pretty steep. Why oh why can't they just include an external charger with the battery??

Return the spare battery you got, and buy the Charger with the extra battery, that way you are only paying about $35 for the charger. :)

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Shop around. I have something very similar to this that i found in best buy clearance rack. $14!

sent from my galaxy tab 10.1 using droidforums

Smrzzy

Reaction score
Extended battery rocks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rcl10801

Reaction score
Costcos deal includes phone, car charger, holster, car dock, home dock, extra battery with charger for $299. With 90 day return policy on anything. Can't beat it.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Wow I've never heard of someone doing such a thing with their phone! I've never even considered swapping out my battery, that means I'd have to turn the thing off! Only had it die on me like twice.