Extended battery good or not

jman2k7live

Reaction score
Hi i wanted to buy an extended battery for the droid x for around 20 dollars and i found one on amazon for 19.75 with prime shipping. Im not sure if this battery is legit or not since there are other batteries that cost more than double the price.
please let me know if you think its i should buy it or not, or give me alternative batteries to buy.
thanks

here is the link for the extended battery

Whitelabeldon

Reaction score
There is a 3500mah battery on Amazon, I ordered same from eBay. I just got it today so can't comment on usage but for the same price seems like a much better option

Sent From My Droid X Rooted GB

HayWire

Reaction score
ok thanks for the response I'll look at it

just save your email reciept when you buy one and if you have problems check the sellers return policy. I just bought an extended from seido as I trust them more over the knock offs but my wallet took the hit on that one, lol.

rcglider

Reaction score
ok thanks for the response I'll look at it

just save your email reciept when you buy one and if you have problems check the sellers return policy. I just bought an extended from seido as I trust them more over the knock offs but my wallet took the hit on that one, lol.
I bought a Mugen 3600 about 3 months ago, couldn't be happier. Whoever says these batteries aren't that great either haven't used one or bought cheap seconds. I also have a VZW extended; better than stock but can't hold a candle to the Mugen. 7+ hours HD streaming video through my slingbox is proof positive. The only drawback is the battery meter accuracy. BarryLeft is the only app so far I've tried that gives a decent accurate life reading, but only for the DX.

Yes I paid through the nose, but like they say you get what you pay for.

P.S. I'm running Liberty GB.

J_Bone

Reaction score
I've just installed a 3500 mah battery from Amazon for $18. I turned on gps, wifi, blue tooth and multiple programs. I then watched 2 movies, 2 hbogo shows, youtube and any thing else I could do to drain battery. It lasted 20 hours with only 6 of those idle. I ran it hard to see how good they are. Im sold!
The only problem is correctly reading the battery. I will try the one mentioned above.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

J_Bone

Reaction score
The only drawback is the battery meter accuracy. BarryLeft is the only app so far I've tried that gives a decent accurate life.

Did you mean battery left? That is what im using now. It still matched the droid battery till I changed the % to read mV. Since then it reads more accurate. Im going to use battery monitor too so I can see how it logs the information.

rcglider

Reaction score
The only drawback is the battery meter accuracy. BarryLeft is the only app so far I've tried that gives a decent accurate life.

Did you mean battery left? That is what im using now. It still matched the droid battery till I changed the % to read mV. Since then it reads more accurate. Im going to use battery monitor too so I can see how it logs the information.

yes, battery left lol. I hate texting....

There is another called battery calibration, but I don't think any of them will ultimately work without using the mv or doing some mod to the rom specifically for these large batteries. Hello devs!!

jacobbones

Reaction score
I've just installed a 3500 mah battery from Amazon for $18. I turned on gps, wifi, blue tooth and multiple programs. I then watched 2 movies, 2 hbogo shows, youtube and any thing else I could do to drain battery. It lasted 20 hours with only 6 of those idle. I ran it hard to see how good they are. Im sold!
The only problem is correctly reading the battery. I will try the one mentioned above.

Can you post a link to the battery ?
Looking for an extended bateery myself

J_Bone

Reaction score

Can you post a link to the battery ?
Looking for an extended bateery myself

This is the one I got. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004H0EBMW/ref=re
It deffinitly last longer. But getting a widget to accuretly read the proper has been a challenge. I do hate how big it is but ill live with it more battery life.

J_Bone

Reaction score
No. Link works for me.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I bought the verizon extended battery and it's really great. I'm usually constantly on it and it holds through out the day and will basically end up at about 50-30% at the end of the day. I've had it for basically the whole life of the phone. It's worth it I would say