Extended Battery for Droid

cece5702

Reaction score
Is there an extended battery for the Droid and if so does it really work? I need to get one since I cant upgrade to the X until December 28th. :angry:

Oh and does it come with a back cover?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there an extended battery for the Droid and if so does it really work? I need to get one since I cant upgrade to the X until December 28th. :angry:

Oh and does it come with a back cover?

Here's my suggestion. Get another regular battery on Amazon.com. $8.00. Get a wall charger from ebay. $5.00.

That will take care of any battery issue and is cheaper then getting an extended battery.

DroidToro

Reaction score
There are several available, an official one from moto and some from both reputable and disreputable sources.

I have a 3800mah one that goes more than 24 hours but it's too big for most cases and my car dock. I got it on ebay but it looks just like to one from gorilla gadgets that some people give positive reviews. Still, be carefull buying on ebay.

I also have lots of spare stock batteries and external chargers. I carry charged cells in my bag and even my wallet. The stock cell seems to survive wallet crush without a problem.

Liberated Droid X

DroidToro

Reaction score
There are several available, an official one from moto and some from both reputable and disreputable sources.

I have a 3800mah one that goes more than 24 hours

Update: it's actually a 3500Mah and it seems to get close to 36+ hours, but I have yet to run it down all the way so it might be more. My droid X does not measure usage properly. I run down to 5% in 12 hours but the phone keeps chugging along for another 12-18. I usually plug it in before the last drop because I just don't know when it's gonna fail.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170608793001

Last edited: