Extended batteries: Anker vs Hyperion vs Mugen?

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Looking at getting an extended battery for my S4. Yes, I could go with an extra OEM battery, but if my experience with the Bionic is similar, the S4 will probably feel better in hand with a little thickness.

Just wanted to toss it out to the community to see if anyone has had any experience with the Anker (5200mAh), Hyperion (5200mAh), or Mugen Power (5500mAh). All are NFC capable. Through Amazon they're all less expensive options than a Mophie or Incipio battery case, and they don't increase the overall length.

Thoughts???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had an Anker battery for my Nexus and I didn't think too highly of it. It was the same size as the standard battery, but they claim it has 2200mAh compared to the stock 1850mAh or so. Well after several tests I found it to perform about as good as the OEM battery when it was new. Though in this case it was hard to rate as there were so many radio improvements to the Nexus compared to my original OEM one and when I had the Anker a few short months ago.

This experience has made me skeptical whether these kinds of batteries really do have as much juice as they claim though.

Caesars

Reaction score
I just received my seidio battery and active. I used the case for a few days and tried it naked. It's been naked ever since lol, for my size hands and comfort level this battery with no case is perfect :). I have no experienced with the other brands mentioned.

GS4/iPhone5

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just looked at the Seido extended battery for the S3, and feel that 3500mAh would be perfect for my needs. Would easily get me through the days where I have to charge now. I plug the device in each night so having 2 or more days on the battery is not necessary.

The search continues.........

bbtkd

Reaction score
I just looked at the Seido extended battery for the S3, and feel that 3500mAh would be perfect for my needs. Would easily get me through the days where I have to charge now. I plug the device in each night so having 2 or more days on the battery is not necessary.

The search continues.........

The 3500mah battery and back for the S3 won't fit the S4. Seidio sells a 4500mah battery and back for it though.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
After further research, I found the 4500mAh for the S4 (still think 3500 would be perfect). I like having a case though and don't know how much larger it would become with the Seido active case.

sent from my galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
It's pretty hefty with the active on it, but a few things to take into consideration.

- it's silicone inner shell /hard plastic outter shell

-you can also buy the holster which is actually very functional

I'm probably going to try the case on again next week, it's just so comfortable with just the battery lol, but obviously you have the ability of instant break on a 1ft drop.

GS4/iPhone5

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
After further research, I found the 4500mAh for the S4 (still think 3500 would be perfect). I like having a case though and don't know how much larger it would become with the Seido active case.

sent from my galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Whichever you get, please post a picture, maybe with a ruler nearby. Some people complain about an extended battery until they see what the real difference is.