EXT. BAttery

gigantor07

Reaction score
ok so i was getting about 8hrs out of the box with the standard bat, but I wanted more so I got the extended life batt. but now i can't seem to get more than the same 6-8hrs out of the phone. today I unplugged the phone around 5:30am and at 11:00 it was about to shut down....what am I doing wrong i'm running stock no GPS,WIFI, BT.:frown:

pyro6128

Reaction score
did you try letting it completely drain? It could need to get battery stats to know when its really out of charge (the phone does, not the battery), since its now using a battery with more capacity. I have the extended battery and I get way more time than that. And I watch videos on my phone for at least 2 hours a day (subway ride) and mess with it pretty much all day

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
One thing to try if you haven't already.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Set it to CDMA

Edit: I would also open up the built-in task manager and see if something is running that shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Zman8Droid

Reaction score
ext battery

i love my extended battery...

I had a similar problem with my stock battery. 8 hour life, with no wi fi, no bluetooth and no update no gps. Had Advanced task killer and no help.

Bought the extended battery, removed adavanced task killer and added Juice defender and Screen filter.

Now i don't do a lot of browsing, and i keep wifi off and bluetooth, only on when needed. Also turned off gps as i don't use that. I want to see how long the phone would last.

i also did a hard reset before incase i installed a bad program.

I'm pushing 48 hours tonight. I'm down to 40% today. i'm going for some kind of record.

Also, i let the battery fully charge before i even turned the phone on.

Now i think the stock battery was defective. There is no way an extended battery should last this much longer.

Last edited:

militant

Reaction score
Something is wrong. I'm on my first charge cycle with the extended battery and I'm at 23 hours with 53% left...

I agree with the above poster. I believe the original battery was either less than advertised 1500mah, defective, or the extended is more than 1930... because the difference in battery life is DRASTIC, its closer to doubling than it is being a 20%-25% increase.

HokieDroid

Reaction score
Something is wrong. I'm on my first charge cycle with the extended battery and I'm at 23 hours with 53% left...

I agree with the above poster. I believe the original battery was either less than advertised 1500mah, defective, or the extended is more than 1930... because the difference in battery life is DRASTIC, its closer to doubling than it is being a 20%-25% increase.

I had the exact same experience with the first couple of days w/ my extended battery. it took me almost 30 hours to run it down, with normal use (some wifi & some Bluetooth) for the first 12 hours and wifi, Bluetooth and GPS all on the last ~10 hours of that. I was loving it and I came to the same conclusion you have about the original battery. However, since those first couple of days battery lifetime has really dropped. I haven't been ale to make it through a work day this week w/o charging. In this same timeframe, my lockscreen stopped working and I've been unable to get it working again - probably not related, but is coincidental. I'm biting the bullet tonight and doing the factory reset with manual app reloading that others claim have helped them - I'm hoping it helps with both problems.

Zman8Droid

Reaction score
let me know if the factory reset works. with the extended battery on the first day i was able to get 2 days and 1.5 hours.

I charged last night, and this morning its at 80% after 3 hours. I'm a little worried now. If this battery ends up dying before 12 hours I will be extremely P.O'd. i think all i need is at least 14 hours, but ideally 20-24. If a phone can't work as hard as you do, it's not a phone anymore and just a paperweight.

dracos

Reaction score
Thats weird I do BT streaming at least 3 hours out of the day and on the stock battery I'm getting 24 hours a day. My wife gets even more but she doesnt use her phone nearly enough :).

I'm interested in the extended battery just to go even longer that a day but I'm looking at the ones on ebay that are usually pretty reliable and the same model number as the official motorola ones.

militant

Reaction score
Thats weird I do BT streaming at least 3 hours out of the day and on the stock battery I'm getting 24 hours a day. My wife gets even more but she doesnt use her phone nearly enough :).

I'm interested in the extended battery just to go even longer that a day but I'm looking at the ones on ebay that are usually pretty reliable and the same model number as the official motorola ones.

I found the OEM BF6X brand new in box for $30 on amazon. To me, it was worth it at that price to get the official extended battery. I love the improved life and so far it seems like a lot bigger difference than the 430 mAH increase it has, it appears to be much more. I'd personally stay away from 3rd party batteries unless it included a new door and the reviews were that it fits snug and has held up for a while. My only problem now is finding a case I like to fit with the extended battery. If going to be away from a charger for extended periods its nice to have the piece of mind of an extended battery + having a full charged 1500 mAh back up to throw in. No sense in carrying the case to that one IMO, as the extended case is larger and shouldn't be a problem with a slimmer battery. I WOULD like to be able to find a wall charger that I could plug only the 1500mah battery into, while its out of the phone so I don't have to switch to charge. I'm also worried about that messing up my batterystats config file and getting false % readings as a result.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My extended battery was great at first, then got horrible, and now it's back to being simply great once more.

Zman8Droid

Reaction score
ok to update, i'm on day 5 and still going well. I got 49 hours after the first charge of the extended battery and then 52 hours after the second.
I've got minimal settings going. WiFi when i need it, JD running in the background and bluetooth in my car only.

so it seems like the extended battery does work, but also that the stock battery is garbage.

Also, i didn't charge the stock battery right away, which was probably a bad idea now looking back.