Exchange droid for driod x? Verizon Question

Fault

Reaction score
On June 21st, i can get my new phone. I plan on getting the Droid. On July 19th, supposively the droid x will be released. My question is, can I get the droid, have the phone for 28 days, and if I like the droid x more, switch? Please help, I just want to get whatever the best phone is that I can

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically yes, but why not just save yourself the headache and wait until July?

stanrc

Reaction score
Sure, but they probably won't make it easy on you, and they will charge a restock fee.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Technically yes, but why not just save yourself the headache and wait until July?
Because Im not 100% sure Id like the driod x more, and Im about to claw my eyes out waiting till june 21st as it is

joker402

Reaction score
and what if we launch it on the 26st instead of the 19th? I got an email that our training has to be done by the 16th for an anticipated launch on the 26th

i say wait get the X first and if you dont like it then get the DROID

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and what if we launch it on the 26st instead of the 19th? I got an email that our training has to be done by the 16th for an anticipated launch on the 26th

i say wait get the X first and if you dont like it then get the DROID

yea if they push back the release date anymore then ur gonna be out of the 30 days and have to deal with that..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, but they probably won't make it easy on you, and they will charge a restock fee.

Restock fee for sure. Problem? Verizon didn't give me any problems when I returned my Storm 2. What makes you say they wont make it easy on you?

Sometimes I truly wonder if people go to the same Verizon I deal with.

joker402

Reaction score
not all verizons are the same (CS level wise) but hookbill is right as long as its with 30 days its just a restocking fee

dclutter1

Reaction score

Restock fee for sure. Problem? Verizon didn't give me any problems when I returned my Storm 2. What makes you say they wont make it easy on you?

I was wondering the same thing. I've only returned one phone and that was an XV6800. I was on day 29/30 and the phone had some visible wear. They didn't ask a single question or charge me anything.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
More ram, more ram, more ram - it's the biggest weakness of the Droid. You'll get carried away with custom roms, themes and home replacements and making it all work with the internal ram limits will soon be your bain.

I'm not sure how much I'd use HDMI out, but I should think the possibility of hooking up an external 19" lcd and maybe a bluetooth keyboard would be very appealing.

stanrc

Reaction score

I love verizons cell service and I hear great things about their personal service but I never see that. Anytime I go in the store and need something they make it a hassle for me. I dread going into a verizon store about as much as I dread going into the DMV.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
I mean heres where I stand right now: I really like the droid. Coming from the LG dare, the Droid is a god send. I found that I really like the keyboard, I love the cool roms and themes, and its functionality is awesome. I have heard great things about it, but I want to try it on my own. I have no intrest in watching videos or listening to music on it, thats what my ipod and laptop are for, I really am just intrested in the internet, and playing games. In the end, I decided I was more intrested in a full keyboard as opposed to the extra .5 inches. I want to play with the droid and if I find any real brick walls, Ill really consider the droid x, but im pretty sure ill like the droid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the potential concerns have been pretty well outlined already:

1. Restocking fee
2. Possibility of slipping release date

If you're ok with those then by all means go ahead.

If, on the other hand, you're like most people in that you feel entitled to the latest and greatest, I'd suggest waiting.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
I think the potential concerns have been pretty well outlined already:

1. Restocking fee
2. Possibility of slipping release date

If you're ok with those then by all means go ahead.

If, on the other hand, you're like most people in that you feel entitled to the latest and greatest, I'd suggest waiting.
Yea, after thinking about it, im ok. I have a brother who doesnt want to upgrade his phone may steal his upgrade if he doesnt use it

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Then you'll be forced to use his phone #, wont you? BTW, won't droid 2 have a keyboard?