Exchange 2007 Calendar Sync problems?

ev01

Reaction score
I can't get my calendar to Sync with Exchange 2007. The device simply displays a message saying 'Sync failed'. Email and contacts synced fine. I came from a windows mobile device that synced everything without any problems. Anyone else having this problem?

cvondra

Reaction score
ditto here ev01. I don't have SP1 installed either. beginning to wonder if that isn't the issue. I know you have to have SP1 installed to have OSX Snow Leopard natively sync with exchange.

OP
E

ev01

Reaction score
Hmm... I also have posted this to the Motorola support forums. I can get SP1 or SP2 installed if this is the issue. I wonder if it would help the speed of the emails hitting the phone too... mine seems slow. I installed the 'TouchDown' third party exchange app on my droid, and the emails hit the phone almost at the same time as my inbox. calendar syncs with this third party app with no problems, also.

cvondra

Reaction score
is touchdown a pay for or free app? I know this was the exchange solution before the droid came out. I am going to have one of my datacenter guys install the latest SP and see if that makes a diff. It would seem to me installing touchdown would be redundant and potentially cause issues with the native exchange support, but what do I know.

OP
E

ev01

Reaction score
It is free for 5 days so you can test it.. with touchdown all of your email and calendar and contacts items are all self contained in the touchdown app. They don't cross over into the Droid calendar and or email apps. It's kind of janky and I don't like it.. but at least it gets you a solution... we have 30 days to return the phone.. I will prob. do it if they don't issue a fix. That is a bare minimum.. gotta have email and calendar. Also the camera on allof these droids is screwed.. pretty sure that is a hwardware issue though.

witzfl

Reaction score
Droid Destroyer

Same here for the 30 days(29). Exchange is not working and touchdown will be fine for a short but if not in 30 days, goodbye droid. Some can but not your more secured exchange setups. My calender is the only thing working.

DroidCody

Reaction score
Service Pack 1

Guys this has to be a service pack 1 issue. My Droid syncs fine with my Exchange Server for Calendar, Contacts and email. My issues are more around usability since the Calendar function doesn't allow acceptance on the email invites. You need to go to the Calendar event and accept it there, very strange. Also, the email app doesn't allow you to move emails to folders, another crappy miss on the software design.

performancedesign

Reaction score
I found calendar doesn't really push but will "refresh" when you hit the button to.

Is anyone else shocked and disappointed in the lack of a task list and memo/notes app that also syncs with Exchange? This is almost a deal killer on its own. A separate app that doesn't sync won't cut it - I don't have time to keep up two individual task lists.

AdilSD

Reaction score
I do not want to give up and use touchdown.
My email (outlook corporate, Exchange 2003) syncs fast, blazing fast. The corporate calendar is the problem. I get 'sync failed' since early this morning. Before that the calendar items did get updated just fine, not perfect but fine. Delete event on the desktop didn't get promoted to Droid but I can live with that. But no calendar at all? Please help if someone knows how to fix this.
Thanks,
Adil