Excel spreadsheets

Emeraldtuna

Reaction score
I am trying to use excel spreadsheets on my Xoom. I have tried a few programs. I have found some that will let me view, like Office Suite. But howq do I enter data? When I tap on an empty cell it highlights it but the keyboard does not pop up.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Hopefully you have figured it out. Usually the uploaded office apps allow only viewing, no editing. I think Motorola phone gives you one that edits. You have to pay for the app if yours only views. There are many to choose from, paid wise, so read the reviews and watch their videos to select one. I got OfficeSuite Professional 7 for a sale price of $4.99 from Amazon's App Store, based on the reviews. There is a free Office app in the Playstore called Kingsoft Office. Give it a try. Free is always nice.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I use QuickOffice or you can import to Google Drive Spreadsheets and then export as a .xls file.

fireman00

Reaction score
I use QuickOffice. Open the file, tap the cell you want to enter date/ edit and the text bar is visible at the top of the screen. Tap in the text box and the keyboard opens up.

OP
E

Emeraldtuna

Reaction score
My problem was that my job uses .xlsx files

Finally found Office Suite Pro which works fine with it.