Error message in ROM Manager/ Cannot boot in Recovery

Keller86

Reaction score
I'm a noob. I have rooted my phone, downloaded bootstrapper and ROM Manager Premium. Flashed, downloaded desired ROM and now when trying to reboot in recovery I get 1/3 of the way through and get the triangle exclamation point. EVERY TIME. I have researched and saw that I should download a different version of Clockwork mod and am getting the error message "An error occurred while downloading your recovery" I NEED HELP!

Thank you

challer2000

Reaction score
Are you deodexed? I had the same problem trying to run the black notification bar. I had to boot into recovery with bootstrap and find where rom manager downloaded the zip. Then install zip.

OP
K

Keller86

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what that means. I am not sure where it is downloading the files. I always opened it from my notifications when it was done downloading. When rebooting in recovery with Bootstrap it boots as normal. I don't get the installation screen but I assumed that was because I wasn't trying to open with a new ROM.

wormbo

Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem, I have read up and have seen that I should flash to an older version of ClockworkMod Recovery, then flash back to the newest version.

I tried downloading an old version of recovery in ROM Manager, but it just says the same thing - "an error occurred while downloading your recovery"

What do I do? Can I manually flash an older version of CM Recovery?

I'm on a DROID X and have seen numerous threads about this, but none of them offer a solution or steps to flash an older recovery that works.

Anyone, please help, I am on stuck 2.2 with blur and I do not like it and want to flash my ROM!

Thanks
Wormbo

detox

Reaction score
I'm a noob. I have rooted my phone, downloaded bootstrapper and ROM Manager Premium. Flashed, downloaded desired ROM and now when trying to reboot in recovery I get 1/3 of the way through and get the triangle exclamation point. EVERY TIME. I have researched and saw that I should download a different version of Clockwork mod and am getting the error message "An error occurred while downloading your recovery" I NEED HELP!

Thank you

Are you having the same issue with bootstrapper getting to recovery. If not, download .zip files to sd card and manually do them that way. Make sure you make a backup before downloading anything! You will also want to wipe data and cache before installing a new rom

Did you try to uninstall rom manager and install again?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
K

Keller86

Reaction score
YEs I even unrooted and rooted again, uninstalled rom manger and installed again. With Bootstrapper I can get to the menu to choose to reboot from recovery but it will reboot as normal. IF I take my battery out or the battery has gone dead it will boot to the recovery menu but when choosing to reboot in recovery I get stuck on a screen with the little droid and exclamation icon. I assumed since I can download the rom to my phone and it will prompt me to clear cache and back up/ reboot in recovery it was the phone itself that is having an issue. VZ can't help me bc I rooted my phone. I am about to give up and do a factory reset. Which I DON'T WANT TO DO.

detox

Reaction score
Did you flash clockwork recovery in rom manager? You need to do that before it will take you to recovery. Also in bootstrapper, you need to flash bootstrap recovery before you flash reboot recovery. Did you do this?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
K

Keller86

Reaction score
I did that to both. I thought maybe it is because wasn't flashing after I downloaded the rom. Do I need to flash with both before rebooting with Bootstrapper? It autoprompts to reboot with rom manager after download is complete. Shoudl I flash in Rom Manager and then in Bootstrapper and proceed to reboot in recovery in bootstrapper?

detox

Reaction score
I did that to both. I thought maybe it is because wasn't flashing after I downloaded the rom. Do I need to flash with both before rebooting with Bootstrapper? It autoprompts to reboot with rom manager after download is complete. Shoudl I flash in Rom Manager and then in Bootstrapper and proceed to reboot in recovery in bootstrapper?

No need to flash both

If I download a rom from my phone, I go to root explorer, sd card, downloads, hardpress downloaded rom, select copy, and then paste it in sd card. Then I go to bootstrap, select bootstrap recovery(sucess will appear. Click ok). Then reboot recovery. Wipe data, wipe cache, install.zip from sd card, select the desired .zip and then select yes.

If you cannot find the .zip you just downloaded in your downloads folder, look in the tapatalkdroidforums_download folder and copy it there and place on sd card. Try that

I guess what im telling you is still not helping you vet to recovery. Im not sure what else I can tell you. Ive never had this issue before. Sorry I couldn't help.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
K

Keller86

Reaction score
When I reboot in recovery with Bootstrap it doesn't ask me to wipe cache. Nor in Rom Manager. Only when I have downloaded a new rom.

detox

Reaction score
You do that from recovery. It will say, wipe data/factory restore- choose that selction- choose yes. Also wipe data

Sorry. Also wipe cache

Sent from my DROIDX

detox

Reaction score
How did you make out? Sorry I couldn't help more earlier. I had to get some sleep. Hope you figured it out

Sent from my DROIDX