Eris unboxing..

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
That does look really nice a sleek! I haven't seen the specs on this one (I also haven't looked). Besides the obvious, how different is it from the Moto Droid?

OP
Neofite

Neofite

Reaction score
Last edited:

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Well, I already knew I was getting a droid....the question now is........which one do I get? Happy to have a choice though. :D Now I can play with both and pick which one I want. Life is good!

OP
Neofite

Neofite

Reaction score
lol, yeah. the Eris is only gonna cost $99 after rebate.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I already knew I was getting a droid....the question now is........which one do I get? Happy to have a choice though. :D Now I can play with both and pick which one I want. Life is good!

to narrow it down a bit more.. the Eris is running android 1.5 and is the SENSE UI, which just means pretty. there is no physical keyboard, but you do get a trackball, if that tickles your fancy. it's not the latest greatest hardware, but by most accounts, it is nearly as fast as the motorola and about 1300 times faster than any blackberry. well maybe not, but still fast!

OfTheDamned

Reaction score

to narrow it down a bit more.. the Eris is running android 1.5 and is the SENSE UI, which just means pretty. there is no physical keyboard, but you do get a trackball, if that tickles your fancy. it's not the latest greatest hardware, but by most accounts, it is nearly as fast as the motorola and about 1300 times faster than any blackberry. well maybe not, but still fast!

I'm using a Curve right now, so either will be an amazing improvement. I have been playing around with a friends G1 so I don't think this will be much different. The specs also show the same app memory as the Moto, so that is cool. I did notice that it will only come with an 8GB card and has no flash on the camera either. The Sense UI is a big plus though. Hmmmmm

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you like the G1, stick with the motorola... unless you never use the physical keyboard.

ZX-10R

Reaction score
It looks good better than i expected im still leaning toward this one over the Droid and th epictures may have pushed me even more but still need to have each one in my hand..

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I am begging my wife to get this, (so I can play with it!:p), but she isn't a fan of touch screens.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This does look like a good phone and I can't wait to play around with it! One of the comments indicates that HTC will release an update to Android v2 first part of 2010. I wonder what the hold up is?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
likely just to have it only available one device to start with.. new and interesting makes sales.