Eris Issues: ? about Verizon replacement

kasey.alexandra

Reaction score
I have taken my Eris into Verizon in the last two weeks for battery issues. They did a hard reset and it has seemed to be working okay since except for yesterday. The battery started draining bad. Then last night I let it charge completely, took it off the charger and put it on my nightstand, and after 5 hours of no use it was dead. Anywho, I was going to call Verizon to get a replacement but since the Incredible took over the Eris, what are my chances of talking them into an Incredible replacement?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have taken my Eris into Verizon in the last two weeks for battery issues. They did a hard reset and it has seemed to be working okay since except for yesterday. The battery started draining bad. Then last night I let it charge completely, took it off the charger and put it on my nightstand, and after 5 hours of no use it was dead. Anywho, I was going to call Verizon to get a replacement but since the Incredible took over the Eris, what are my chances of talking them into an Incredible replacement?

If you've gone beyond the 30 day return policy then you cannot exchange it for an Incredible.

Now about batteries.

I have no idea how you use your Eris, what apps you are running, but it is not completely impossible to discharge a phone in 5 hours if you use it a great deal.

Still that seems like you'd have to use it a lot.

My suggestion to you is to see if you can get a replacement battery from Amazon.com. For the Droid they are about 8.00 plus shipping. You may want to pick up an inexpensive wall charger off of ebay.

Try it out and if you still have the same issues of 5 hours with average use then exercise your warranty option. But you cannot get an Incredible off an Eris warranty. They may be willing to upgrade you and extend your contract, you can try that if you like.

Good luck whatever route you choose.

OP
K

kasey.alexandra

Reaction score
When I said no use, I meant literally no use lol. It sat on my nightstand untouched. I called Verizon and they're sending an Eris. Eventually they will run out of them and will have to replace them with the Incredible because that is it's current replacement since they no longer carry the Eris. By the time that happens it will probably be time for my upgrade lol.