Eris is the worse phone ever

lasswaffo

Reaction score
I can't believe how pathetic the Eris is. I am on my third one. The track ball messes up and causes the keyboard to mess up. I am new here and all the post for these phones are how terrible it is and how many problems they have. I get to upgrade in December I want to get the Droid 3 no more virtual keyboards for me.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
Don't discount high end all touch-only phones. They blow the eris out of the water. Most people who buy phones like the Droid 1, 2, or 3 end up using the virtual keyboard more than the physical. The eris is just a low end phone with a slow processor, tiny ram, etc. The glitches can be attributed almost entirely to the low end specs of the phone. Even low end phones now blow the Eris out of the water.

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last time I used the physical keyboard on my OG droid was to boot into recovery. Don't discount a physical keyboard, but don't go with a low end phone either. I got my wife an Eris, and she grew to hate it after a year. I'll never buy her a "cheap" smart phone again.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Droid 1, 2, or 3 end up using the virtual keyboard more than the physical

No offense but did you do a poll for this? Most of the people, that I've talked to, have used the physical keyboard more than the virtual keyboard. It's why they bought the D1, D2, D3 to begin with. I use the physical keyboard about 98% of the time. You should research before making an extreme assumption and calling it a final conclusion without any facts/polls/questioning.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The last time I used the physical keyboard on my OG droid was to boot into recovery. Don't discount a physical keyboard, but don't go with a low end phone either. I got my wife an Eris, and she grew to hate it after a year. I'll never buy her a "cheap" smart phone again.

No offense my fellow forum friends..but I myself use my physical keyboard much more and faster than the virtual..but I will use the virtual when I'm only typing a quick yes or no..I myself type much faster with the physcial too..faster than swype..(of course that's me and my own skills and preferences) I know more of us buy the slide out phones for for that reason..lol I really wanted the x at the time but this is why the d2 was sold on my preference! But I understand the differences of opinion as the prior phone I had was a dare and I hated it!!! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how pathetic the Eris is. I am on my third one. The track ball messes up and causes the keyboard to mess up. I am new here and all the post for these phones are how terrible it is and how many problems they have. I get to upgrade in December I want to get the Droid 3 no more virtual keyboards for me.

As a matter of fact I'm trying to unbrick one..lol

DROID11

Reaction score
No offense but did you do a poll for this? Most of the people, that I've talked to, have used the physical keyboard more than the virtual keyboard. It's why they bought the D1, D2, D3 to begin with. I use the physical keyboard about 98% of the time. You should research before making an extreme assumption and calling it a final conclusion without any facts/polls/questioning.

I don't have any statistics backing it up, this is mainly from my personal experience. I have worked in a Verizon store for 4 years now and had friends who've had the d1, d2 and now d3 and all of my friends use the on screen keyboard more than the physical keyboard. Some, but not many of my customers end up using the physical keyboard more than the on screen keyboard. I had the Droid myself and used the physical keyboard more at first because I had bad experience with on screen keyboards (LG dare) but after a month I only slid it open to show the keyboard to people, it was all on screen for me.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I have had the eris, droid 1 and now droid 3. Droid eris was sweet when I first got it, then sucked a few months later. Got my d1 and was sweet, but never really used the physical keyboard, maybe 10% of the time. Now the droid 3, awesome phone, dual core and front camera. Love it, runs fast and the stats have now switched, I use my keyboard 90% of the time. It helps to have a way more intuitive keyboard.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I love these Eris hate threads. I also love how the posters of these threads always think that it is unanimous that people hate their Eris. My wife and I have had our Erises since Dec. 2009. We are both on our original Erises. We both had trackball issues a couple of months back but those have cleared up. The Eris was perfect for its time, and yet it was inexpensive. I would not have treaded into the smartphone waters any other way. I paid $49 BOGO for our Erises, and we have both been happy with them.

Mine is rooted, my wife's is stock. No technology is perfect. Our contract is up and we are patiently waiting for the Bionic to be released. However, in the meantime, we are still happily using our Erises.

The Eris was not the best smartphone on the market at the time of its release. However it was worthy of the smartphone label. A little bit of tender love and care, as well as using these forums to get around the deficiencies was all it took. If you couldn't make the Eris work for you then I suggest an iPhone. I think you'd have been much better with one of those because it requires no brains to operate. (I don't mean that as insult, some people don't want to tinker with their technology, they just want to use it. I don't recommend Android for people like that.)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome post and I agree...I am like the old saying, hate the game not the player..lol ...Anyway...I am and android Junkie!(if you will)..lol
And I would even play with a devour if I had one..I am on the Droid 2 and love it..However I do own a brand spanking new Droid Eris..but it was given to me to fix..I was unable as it had no sd card..I do have access to an sd, but am not experienced with rooting the HTC devices..in fact if I could get it past the bootscreen or stock recovery I would try and mess with it..but all I can do is wipedata and reset and right back to the white screen with the droids skating..lol I would do anything for a fix..or a working eris or sd card to get it running...wish I could fix it? Any ideas?

DropC

Reaction score
I love my Eris as much as my Droid X, Fascinate, and Droid Incredible, though =(

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
lonewolf, i always have enjoyed your posts. you always hit the nail on the head.
and to you drummer, get yourself an sd card and then follow these directions Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

Thanks bro! You are awesome! I hope I can fix it..if it was a droid1 or 2 or X or many others..I could fix it..but htc isn't my knowledge base..but will soon learn!! Thanks again!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! You are awesome! I hope I can fix it..if it was a droid1 or 2 or X or many others..I could fix it..but htc isn't my knowledge base..but will soon learn!! Thanks again!

Uh oh seems I would have to have it running to fix this way..it only gets to the hboot or fastboot screen and stock recovery..I think there is no image for it to load...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I thought that hooking it to the computer would work..I would have it made..wish I could use rsdlite..lol