Engadget/Nexus one Froyo 2.2 manual update available

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Looks like NON rooted Nexus One users can manually download and install the froyo 2.2 ROM. Now if only it was available to the Motorola Droid :)

Android 2.2 Froyo manual update found, now available for select Nexus One devices -- Engadget

Some Droid Devs need to get at this! I would love to have a Froyo ROM already!

Me too! Is there anyway for me to BACKUP my APPS so anytime I wipe i can just restore my apps again without having to go to the Market and re-download everything all over again? Is there such method?

nbobinchak

Reaction score
Use Astro.

Menu -> Tools -> Application Manager/Backup.

There are other options too, but this one is free, and has worked for me for the entire time I've had my Droid.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Use Astro.

There are other options too, but this one is free, and has worked for me for the entire time I've had my Droid.

Lets say I back up using Astro, how do i restore it to a new phone or wiped phone if i switch roms and choose to wipe?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Use Astro.

Lets say I back up using Astro, how do i restore it to a new phone or wiped phone if i switch roms and choose to wipe?

backups are stored on the SD card, either move the folder to your new phone and use astro to find it, or just put your sd card in.

On a further note, when I read that 2.2 was out, I peed a little.

Couldn't agree more, I'm ready for a rooted 2.2 all ready :D

dancedroidFroYo FTWdancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use Astro.

I know that with Titanium Backup and MyBackupPro, your apps and data are saved on the SD Card, so maybe the same can be said about astro?

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Use Astro.

I know that with Titanium Backup and MyBackupPro, your apps and data are saved on the SD Card, so maybe the same can be said about astro?

I'm sorry I wasn't cleared. I know it gets backed up to my SD CARD, but when i have the phone WIPED where do I put the back up folder so it shows up as my APPS on my phone? You know what i mean like it has to be in some directory in the phone a special named directory in order to work. I'm sure I need to move the backed up apps to that folder no?

its.mike

Reaction score

I'm sorry I wasn't cleared. I know it gets backed up to my SD CARD, but when i have the phone WIPED where do I put the back up folder so it shows up as my APPS on my phone? You know what i mean like it has to be in some directory in the phone a special named directory in order to work. I'm sure I need to move the backed up apps to that folder no?
You use the same program to find the backups after you install either Astro/MyBackupPro/Titanium and they will take care of reinstalling them to the phone.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its just a patch update, not a full update.

You will have better luck getting an sdk rip working.

Also, there is a radio update included. I highly recommend folks not mess with it unless they like paperweights for phones.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its just a patch update, not a full update.

You will have better luck getting an sdk rip working.

Also, there is a radio update included. I highly recommend folks not mess with it unless they like paperweights for phones.

I wouldn't dare mess with this. It's not what I'm good at. Tho I wouldn't mind trying to help those who do mess with this. XD