Endless Reboots

northmendo

Reaction score
Hey all,

In the past 2 weeks my Droid has started an endless boot loop daily. I just restore my nandroid backup and the next day it happens again. I have tried wipeing and installing a fresh rom I was on Koush's CyanogenMod but have tried Bugless Beast as well; I still end up with the same problem. I am using wifi tether a lot but up till now have had no problems with it.

I download my log file but I guess I don't understand well enough how to read it.

I have posted this in the CyanogenMod forums Here for reference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To determine if there is a hardware glitch in the phone that is causing this I would go back to stock for a day or two. If the problem persists contact Verizon about the issue and they will swap the phone out for another one.

If the problem goes away then it is some combination of software you have on the phone. Perhaps a full wipe wasn't done between roms, maybe an app from the app store. You could also try doing a restore of an older backup you have too. Sounds like to me that if you put the same backup on 3 times in a row and the problem comes back each time that a 4th restore of the same backup won't help.

OP
N

northmendo

Reaction score
So far so good with the stock system. It has only been one day. But things are running smooth.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So far so good with the stock system. It has only been one day. But things are running smooth.

Thanks for the update. Looking good. Give it another day or two and then decide if you want to stay with the stock phone or give rooting another try. At least now you can install SPRecovery, do a backup, do a full wipe, try your previous backup and if the problem is gone you are all set. If it returns do the recent backup and you are back to stock 2.1 with sprecovery installed and you can take a different path that included deleting your older problematic backups.

Steltron

Reaction score
To determine if there is a hardware glitch in the phone that is causing this I would go back to stock for a day or two. If the problem persists contact Verizon about the issue and they will swap the phone out for another one.

If the problem goes away then it is some combination of software you have on the phone. Perhaps a full wipe wasn't done between roms, maybe an app from the app store. You could also try doing a restore of an older backup you have too. Sounds like to me that if you put the same backup on 3 times in a row and the problem comes back each time that a 4th restore of the same backup won't help.

How do I go about getting back to stock? I am stuck on the reboot screen. I have tried getting into bootloader (i don't even know if that is where I am supposed to be), I just don't know what to do.