Encryption Unsuccessful Error

ripper2860

Reaction score
Well folks -- I may have totally fubared myself here. My Razr Maxx will not finish booting w/o stopping at a "Encryption Unsuccessful Error". Sucessfully installed the JB Leak and then used a util to re-boot into recovery and then BAM. Encryption error. I'm able to use Fast-boot to get it to reset the phone (delete cache and userdata) and complete setup, but if I reboot, its back to the EU error. Anybody got a concise set of instructions or a place I can get to that will help me resolve this issue? Everything I've read point to internal SD file-system, but I can't get me mind wrapped around how to go about fixing it.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Wow. I've stumped the experts with this one, I guess. My research shows it to be a serious issue relating the internal SD card being corrupted and it seems you must partition your external SD card and edit a file to trick it into thinking that the EXT card is the INT card. Way too complex and risky for my comfort. Time to replace this puppy as the company will get me a new unit outright.

Thanks to all that read this. My first time fubarring a phone and I've walked the razors' edge with many a flash. I would manage to do it in a big way, however!! My tip to you ...

Do NOT use a Razr reboot recovery tool w/ JB for now. Wait for the dev's to develop a JB compatible one. It can scramble your internal SDCARD file system.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

grndamgt4

Reaction score