Embedded video won't work for me. Try this plz.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on ICS , with system version 211, and I can play the video in both chrome and the stock browser.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Miklb58 said:
I'm on ICS , with system version 211, and I can play the video in both chrome and the stock browser.

ICS here and 211 also.

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. Any ideas as to what my problem is?

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Miklb58 said:

All YouTube videos work for me via the YouTube app. just not when associated with the browser.

Mayor Bloombergs updates are fine in stand alone app but no good via any news websites embedded YouTube.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have adobe flash installed? It's not supported in chrome, but it works for the stock browser. Before installing flash, lots of embedded web videos would not play for me, and there was a thread on the topic a few months back.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Yes I have flash and oddly enough CNN videos are flash and they don't play. Oh well, I'll poke around more today and report back any positive progress.

For the heck of it try CNN and play a video and let me know would ya?

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Miklb58 said:
Do you have adobe flash installed? It's not supported in chrome, but it works for the stock browser. Before installing flash, lots of embedded web videos would not play for me, and there was a thread on the topic a few months back.

UPDATE: Thx, at your suggestion I tried chrome, which i had not before, and the video link in my original post works as it should. The stock browser however will not play the video. At least i now have the option of seeing it with chrome.

Thanks so much for you're input.