Emails Stuck In Outbox

Leinad

Reaction score
Go to system settings, and switch to Airplane mode, then go back to your outbox, select it and will open as if you wanted to add words to it, and just close it. That will put it in your drafts folder, then you can delete it from there. But I also think you can also just delete it directly from your outbox. I just accidently closed it and it went to drafts, then I deleted it... It does work. Goog Luck!

MGgardenergal

Reaction score
If you have an email stuck in the outbox, put your phone in airplane mode - you will then be able to open the email and delete it. You do not need to delete your account. Be sure you do not have wifi turned on either.

Leinad

Reaction score
If you have an email stuck in the outbox, put your phone in airplane mode - you will then be able to open the email and delete it. You do not need to delete your account. Be sure you do not have wifi turned on either.
That's what did it for me on my Razr Maxx. Oh yeah, and FYI - If the phone is in airplane mode, it disables wifi automatically, that's the purpose...

MGgardenergal

Reaction score
That's what did it for me on my Razr Maxx. Oh yeah, and FYI - If the phone is in airplane mode, it disables wifi automatically, that's the purpose...

My phone allows me to use wifi when I have it in airplane mode - so I have to turn off both before I can access the email stuck it the outbox and delete it. Either way, it works without having to delete and set up your account again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Good to know. Thanks for posting that.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

CKHR

Reaction score
stuck emails

Put your phone in airplane mode. Access the unsent email..usually via the icon appearing in the notification bar that you have unsent emails. You can then delete the email.

chasman

Reaction score
Removing the account and then reinstate the account and they will go away. You should not lose any e mails except the ones stuck in your outbox. i just did it this morning.

UPDATE; was using the comcat e mail. Same thing happened again. Verizon tech said delete comcast and install the Xfinity app. Works good now.

NañaV

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was forwarding about 25 quickly...14 are stuck in my outbox and will not go. I can't do anything with them because I get the message that they are in the process of sending, but they are not. I know if I delete my account and re-enter it, I will loose all of my emails. Is there anything I can do to make these go, or at least move them to trash?

NañaV

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
stuck emails

I had the same problem and saw this solution...works perfectly! "Put your phone in airplane mode. Access the unsent email..usually via the icon appearing in the notification bar that you have unsent emails. You can then delete the email." As you found, deleting an email account WILL delete any emails on your phone. Couldn't believe people were telling you it wouldn't. Anyway, for future reference.