Emails/Data Push

cece5702

Reaction score
Does having emails set to fetch at a certain time or set to manually check really save that much battery life on the Maxx? I know when I had my Droid X it made a big differance but I really dont like missing emails and I always forget to manually check for emails. I thought about changing my settings to fetch every 30 minutes. Any thoughts?

SallyC

Reaction score
I have mine set to check every 15 min and don't find it to be a drain. You could play with it and see if you notice any big change.

DocsDad

Reaction score
It makes no noticeable difference to my battery either. Fetch away.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Does push email really drain battery? I thought email gets pushed to our phones from email servers which should use less battery than pulling emails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I dont mean to sound "el stupo" but with my gmail accounts do you know how to go in and set it to fetch at a certain time. I dont see it!!! Smh.... Lol..
I have mine set to check every 15 min and don't find it to be a drain. You could play with it and see if you notice any big change.

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
I dont mean to sound "el stupo" but with my gmail accounts do you know how to go in and set it to fetch at a certain time. I dont see it!!! Smh.... Lol..

I don't do that in gmail, but using juice defender. Sorry for the confusion. I only brought it up to say that frequency hasn't hurt my battery performance.

Edit: Looking in gmail I don't see a way to do it either. You could get JD and try it. I believe the free version offers that.

Last edited: