Emailing pictures from S7

Mikejay

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S7 edge
Why do emails with a picture attached take so long to send? Even if using wi-fi rather than my carrier it can take ages to send, is there a way I can speed it up?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

At the default setting for photos they can be very large, the larger the slower. Reducing the resolution would probably help but if they are really large there may not be any other options or solutions.

Reactions: cr6

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. I know with my S6 Edge + the more detailed the picture the slower the send. This is due to the size and pixilation. Like Leeshor said, reducing the resolution will help sending faster. But to be honest with the more advanced cameras we are getting on these phones, this is going to be a constant issue.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer uploading my pictures to the cloud then sharing links of them with others. Plus it helps others out (not sending huge attachments to them).

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum @Mikejay!
Everyone has given you some great information so far. In addition to what's been mentioned, if you're sharing photos with family members or friends that also have a Galaxy S device, (any model) try utilizing your S-Beam feature. You can quickly transfer multiple pictures at once without having to sacrifice on photo quality. Of course you have to be standing next to the person, but just thought I would throw it out there as another option to consider.
Good luck!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I use the same method as LoneWolfArcher but have my gallery set to auto upload photos and videos over Wi-Fi. That way I can send links at my convenience in batches for entire folders and they can decide which they want to keep vs just view.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><