email stopped

Peter1

Reaction score
Beginning this morning I am getting this message on 2 of my email accounts.

SORRY!
The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Then it has a button to "Force Close" which I select but when I try to go back into the email account the same thing happens. I have tried powering down and still the same issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

pyro6128

Reaction score
I posted a response for you over in the moto droid section

Guchi

Reaction score
did you do a battery pull? sometimes it cures things that a reboot doesnt

OP
P

Peter1

Reaction score
Thanks Pyro, that worked. I did try to pull the battery earlier and that did not help.

tbever

Reaction score
Beginning this morning I am getting this message on 2 of my email accounts.

SORRY!
The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Then it has a button to "Force Close" which I select but when I try to go back into the email account the same thing happens. I have tried powering down and still the same issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I had the same problem. Here is the solution that worked for me:
(I copied this from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...mail-force-closes-wont-open-any-messages.html)

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

(This is effectively the same thing as deleting the account and starting over, however when I tried to delete/recreate the account using the UI, it didn't work. After deleting the information through the Application Manager, it appears that my email is working now.)