Email Reply/Forward Issues

abcb

Reaction score
Just got a Droid through Verizon. Am using the installed email app and getting email via Verizon.net. When I reply to an email then go to my sent mail, I only see my reply, not the whole email string. When I forward an email, then go to my sent mail, I only see the title and not the text or picture I forwarded. Visited Verizon and tech said it may be the email app I am using. They also set up a gmail account for me when I bought the phone and it works on that, but I want to keep using my verizon account. Any thoughts?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got a Droid through Verizon. Am using the installed email app and getting email via Verizon.net. When I reply to an email then go to my sent mail, I only see my reply, not the whole email string. When I forward an email, then go to my sent mail, I only see the title and not the text or picture I forwarded. Visited Verizon and tech said it may be the email app I am using. They also set up a gmail account for me when I bought the phone and it works on that, but I want to keep using my verizon account. Any thoughts?

Yes, it's actually behaving the way it should. It won't show you the entire thread of emails. That's just how it is. Can be a pain for some people.

About your gmail account. You can always go there to see your threaded mail if you like. The reason you got a gmail account is because this is a Google phone, and all your contacts, your calendar etc. are all backed up to Google.

OP
A

abcb

Reaction score
So, there is no other app?

Thanks for the quick reply. So, guess there is no other app that I could download to manage my email that would do it. As I said (and forgive my technical ignorance), if I clidk the gmail icon and send/receive email from my gmail account the strings show up. So is it a verizon issue that no one told me about when I bought the phone?