email notification

krnmc

Reaction score
Idk somehow i added a second account on Gmail. i dnt get any kind of notifications...i have to hit refresh button and then it shows up..

is it because i have two email accounts?
Thank YOu =]

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have two gmail accounts and they are linked then they will both show up, but I am not sure if this is what you are asking

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
they show up but when i get new emails, i dnt get a notification saying that i got a new email.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are adding a different email account your phone will be able to accommodate. The question --- are you adding an additional Google account or is this an account with a different email system (yahoo, hotmail, etc)?

What email app are you using to handle both accounts?

Mike

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
uhhh... i am using the gmail app that came with the phone and i added one more gmail account to it recently so total of two Gmail email accounts. ha sorry if it sounds bit confusing

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your answer should be in within the settings in the gmail app, refresh interval

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not confusing just needed clarification.

Open the app, tap menu, tap accounts. You should see both of you Gmail accounts. Tap the new one and go to menu, settings, notifications. Select a ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
Thanks i changed the ringtone but wheres the refresh interval?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into gmail/more/settings and make sure notifications are turned on, then go into system/settings/accounts & sync/ and turn on auto sync

This should take care of it

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't use auto-sync you will only be notified when you open the gmail app and refresh or sync your system within the settings

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
i have everything the ways you guys told me to and its still the same...=/ should i take it to the verizon store?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately VZW isn't always as knowledgable as they should be, especially when it comes to the Droid

So you have it set to auto-sync and you know you are getting an email but your phone isn't notifying you, does it give you a notification when you refresh your inbox within the gmail app ?

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
i dont get any icon telling me i got email so i just have to randomly hit refresh. and when i do get email after i do hit refresh it shows up as "read" already.