Email Not Syncing!!

Rocko

Reaction score
Now my Yahoo and Pacbell email are now not syncing unless I hit the sync button. I have the settings to Data Push-off, Fetch Schedule-Every 15 minutes and Not to sync over wifi. I don't get any messages to the inbox unless I goto the inbox and hit the sync button. It was not like this before, just stopped working a couple of days ago. Any ideas?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now my Yahoo and Pacbell email are now not syncing unless I hit the sync button. I have the settings to Data Push-off, Fetch Schedule-Every 15 minutes and Not to sync over wifi. I don't get any messages to the inbox unless I goto the inbox and hit the sync button. It was not like this before, just stopped working a couple of days ago. Any ideas?

I know virtually nothing about your phone, but I did see this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...93-gmail-wont-automatically-sync-anymore.html

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks but nothing there helped.

Janet1025

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem starting a few days ago and I've read on here that a few others have also and one person did a battery pull, I did yesterday and so far so good but I hope its not an ongoing thing ....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score
Me too. Seems to be epidemic at times. Lots of posts from October about not syncing.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, here's another tip that may not help!!! :)

On my Droid 1 when my Gmail app starts acting up (not syncing, not connecting, etc.) I go to home screen and then Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Gmail/Clear Data. Now with the Gmail app, since it's tied to Google, all my settings come back and all is good again. If you are using some other email app, that may not be the case and you would have to re-enter your account info. Just trying to throw another idea out there!!

Good luck.

tthomson44

Reaction score
I have the same issue, mine will push fine for a couple days but the last week has been terrible. Pretty sad they can't resolve this issue.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should also try using K-9 email app. Its much better than the native email app.

You can also use the gmail app. On the Google website (gmail) you can set it up to automatically poll your pop3 accounts and then immediately push the emails to the phone. Polling frequency is determined by account activity. It seems to be less than one minute for active accounts and about 5 minutes for accounts with little activity. I've been using this for my two pop3 accounts since late summer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score
I will look into this thanks.

I hate having to install other apps just becuase the stock apps don't work very good.

FoeHammer865

Reaction score
I also hate installing apps when the native ones are junk.

I have the same problem with my emails not syncing.

jlag

Reaction score
I am having the same issue now with an IMAP account using the email application.

Noticed yesterday, items I have been deleting in the email application are not being deleted on the server. This has been working since I purchased the phone in November, now not working.

Strange how there is no 'delete mail on server' setting in the application as there is in some other email applications. Maybe people complained that this was happening and they changed it to not delete? I have not updated the email application, so this is doubtful unless they have some fancy sniffer upstream or something.