Email not notifying me

bclaudio

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've been having trouble with my Email app on my Droid for some time now. I have my Email Check settings at every 5 minutes, and full notification enabled including sound, showing up in the notification bar, and vibrate. However, I don't get notified of a new email until either 1) I physically open the Email app and check for new messages, or 2) i power up my phone and email starts up automatically. Is there any solution to this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've been having trouble with my Email app on my Droid for some time now. I have my Email Check settings at every 5 minutes, and full notification enabled including sound, showing up in the notification bar, and vibrate. However, I don't get notified of a new email until either 1) I physically open the Email app and check for new messages, or 2) i power up my phone and email starts up automatically. Is there any solution to this?

I had a similar experience. My sense is that you were already notified and will not receive a new sound notification until the clear the first.

Mike

OyVOid

Reaction score
Hmmm...mine works just fine.

If you go to MENU>Settings>Sound & Display you shoud see what current settings you have your phone on.

Make sure it's not on Silent mode. I have my on Phone Vibrate and Notification ringtone. When an email, text or missed call comes in it is displayed in my notification bar on top.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on whether email is not downloading or if it is and you aren't being notified. If it isn't downloading, I have suggestions.

Are you using the stock email client? K9 is better. Be sure to set "folders to display" to All.

Are you using a task killer? Don't.

Do you use wifi? It may be causing problems. We've been discussing this for weeks here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/21940-email-solution.html