email message body sending as double

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
Whenever I send an email (yahoo) from my phone, the body of the email is doubled one on top of the other. I only notice this when I look in the sent folder on the computer. When I look in the sent folder on the phone it looks normal (not doubled).

This is what my sent email looks like for clarification.

Hi,
This is a test.
-Dave

Hi,
This is a test
-Dave

Basically whatever I write is mirrored twice. Any ideas? Never happened on my droid 2 or 3.

OP
ILikeWaffles

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
Did some more testing and the recipient is not actually seeing doubles. It only displays doubles in the sent folder on the computer. Weird.

ezews17

Reaction score
Re: Double messages

Did some more testing and the recipient is not actually seeing doubles. It only displays doubles in the sent folder on the computer. Weird.

Did u ever resolve this issue? I've been dealing with the same issue for a while now. Curious.

foodie2

Reaction score
Did u ever resolve this issue? I've been dealing with the same issue for a while now. Curious.

Me too: just started with a Galaxy Young S6310 and Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Every Yahoo email I create on the phone looks fine in the phone's Sent folder, but shows duplicated content in the message in my PC's Sent folder. The recipient sees it just once. What IS going on?

This looks like the same issue as in thread 225389 "Yahoo Mail duplicating text inside each message on Droid RAZR" (last updated 02-18-2013). Any suggestions, please?

AC2

Reaction score
Me too: just started with a Galaxy Young S6310 and Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Every Yahoo email I create on the phone looks fine in the phone's Sent folder, but shows duplicated content in the message in my PC's Sent folder. The recipient sees it just once. What IS going on?

This looks like the same issue as in thread 225389 "Yahoo Mail duplicating text inside each message on Droid RAZR" (last updated 02-18-2013). Any suggestions, please?

I have been having the same problem with my s4 mini. Has anyone found a solution for this?

nyvamp

Reaction score
I figured it out (finally).

Sign into your yahoo account on your computer.
Go to Settings>Viewing Email
Uncheck Enable conversations

foodie2

Reaction score
I figured it out (finally).

Sign into your yahoo account on your computer.
Go to Settings>Viewing Email
Uncheck Enable conversations

Hmm... 'fraid that doesn't do it for me - Enable conversations has never been checked on my Yahoo.
Is there something else you might have changed at the same time?

YourMomsAndMe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6Plus
The issue appears to still be a thing in 2016.
Has there been any kind of suggestions? A lot of forums point to this forum as being the place where the issue is being discussed, but no answers just yet.
Have other email clients corrected the issue?
Doing TechSupport with a client on this issue.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, YourMomsandMe! With more details, we might be able to troubleshoot what the problem /solution is. What kind of phone, email client, are all emails duplicating, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sassychrisls

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
Welcome to DroidForums, YourMomsandMe! With more details, we might be able to troubleshoot what the problem /solution is. What kind of phone, email client, are all emails duplicating, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Strange no one responded to TisMyDroid....

I have the same issue with my phone doubling the sent body content. It seems they're sent to the recipients, because when the recipients reply, the doubles are also there in the thread of previous replies in the one message. The original msg that's sent from my phone is in a pink/purple bold font, and the duplicated msg shows as the default regular black font, if that's indicative of anything.

I, however, just attempted to email myself today from three different yahoo accounts and a college campus email using the same mobile Email account set up as the Yahoo accounts, as well as a GMAIL account -- none of them had duplicated the body. Although I have recent mail in my inbox that shows doubled-bodies -- I don't know what is the determining factor(s) in whether a body gets doubled or not when I send, only the consistency is that it only occurs when sent from my phone's Email accounts.. and I think only if Yahoo server was used.

I already checked my Yahoo settings as instructed from Yahoo help pages to find in my account about storing POP mail on the yahoo server and couldn't find it to dis-enable. This also had occurred regardless of "conversation thread" setting, as I did not have that set up when it first occurred (but now do, which only groups when I'm logging in on a computer. Mobile's Email still lists as individual messages).

Phone: Droid Razr Maxx
Mail: Yahoo servers via mobile "Email" Accounts
Issue: Body content from sender (me) duplicated in same msg

Addt'l settings info on Yahoo servers via mobile "Email" accounts:
Incoming: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com / Port 993, SSL, PLAIN authenticaion.
Outgoing: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com / Port 465, SSL, PLAIN authentication

gkourupes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Coolpad 3622A
Not sure if there was a resolution to this.

When I take a look at the "View Raw Message", from yahoo mail, I notice something.
I see two or more content blocks in a Content-Type: multipart/mixed; email format.

There is one "Content-Type: text/html;"
and one "Content-Type: text/plain;"
Both encoded in Base64.

Just a hunch, but I suspect that the gmail app might be automatically sending out the email in both html (rich text) and plain formats for maximum compatibility for the recipients. Possibly the sent view in yahoo is displaying both of them instead of just the most compatible?

I don't know for sure on this. But it might be a clue?
Possibly just a Yahoo email issue with viewing sent emails.

UPDATE:
Looking at more emails in raw form, there are definitely differences in the header and format. The ones I've looked at from both desktop and phone all have both html and text included. From my phone, it sends in "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;" and from Yahoo, it sends in "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;".

None of this tells me much, but this much I do know:

When I look at the body content, decoded from base64, there is definitely not any duplicate of content in there.

So far as I can tell, my conclusion is still the same. It's simply a rendering issue in yahoo.

Last edited: