Email, Maildroid vs k-9 "spell check"?

pulgoki

Reaction score
Im not really looking for a battle of the email clients. It seems that k-9 is the more popular email client.

What I have noticed according to the feature list, is that maildroid supposedly comes with a spell checker. Does K-9 come with this feature?

Spell checking emails is rather important to me so I am looking for a mail client that I can use which either features a spell checker or that I can find a spell checker to use along side of.

Thanks.

P.S. How do I save mp3 attachments or .wav attachments from my mail client? Is that at all possible?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not really looking for a battle of the email clients. It seems that k-9 is the more popular email client.

What I have noticed according to the feature list, is that maildroid supposedly comes with a spell checker. Does K-9 come with this feature?

Spell checking emails is rather important to me so I am looking for a mail client that I can use which either features a spell checker or that I can find a spell checker to use along side of.

Thanks.

P.S. How do I save mp3 attachments or .wav attachments from my mail client? Is that at all possible?

K-9 does everything that you would expect of an email client including spell check. I switched from months and months of using K-9 to Gmail for all my email needs. I get my Gmail and my pop3 accounts through it now. It is much better than the pop3 clients in my opinion.

Also, if I remember correctly, all the email clients are free so it's easy to play around with them and find the one you like.

OP
pulgoki

pulgoki

Reaction score
yes! they are free. I am just trying to make wise decisions prior to installing a bunch of applications.. I notice that some leave remnants. :D

Ive read that k-9 is more stable. I may try that one out rather than maildroid. Especially since it has spell check.

I read that you need a file manager to save attachments such as mp3 or other to your SD card? Is this a simple process. How do the two work together? (mail client and file manager).

OP
pulgoki

pulgoki

Reaction score
I installed K9 today and did not see a spell checker.

OP
pulgoki

pulgoki

Reaction score
Thats ok.. I played with K-9 for a while and really liked it. So many options that it became a little confusing. It has a very good look and feel to it.

I then installed maildroid and played with it as well. I liked the look and feel of k-9 better but maildroid was much easier to set up. There werent quite as many options but there are plenty for me. :D It also has built in spell checking which is a huge bonus for me.

The only thing that I didnt care for was that in k-9 i could use astro file manager where with maildroid it is particular about which file manager you use. Sounds like it is no fault of the developer at this point. It does use ES file manager which I think is ok.