Email Madness

rexgoode

Reaction score
I'm liking my new Spectrum, but the email is driving me crazy.

I have a lot of websites and email addresses associated with most of them. I also have gmail, hotmail, and msn email accounts.

I tried reading them all in the one stock email app, but it wouldn't sync them. It offers to sync automatically every n minutes, but that doesn't happen.

So, I downloaded gmail's app and now use it for my gmail. Then, I downloaded the hotmail app and use it to read my hotmail and msn accounts.

Gmail syncs regularly and notifies me of new mail. The hotmail addresses don't.

I tried K-9 but it won't even let me set up one email properly, so I uninstalled it.

The email addresses that are set up with the stock email app are all IMAP4.

I first noticed the problem at home where I am connected to my WiFi here. I went all night without email. I figured it was some kind of sleep mode, but when I turned off WiFi, 4G came on and synced all of the emails with notifications. I turned the WiFi back on while I got ready for work. Nothing came in. Got in my truck and drove away. A bunch more emails came in. That made me think that it was just a WiFi problem. I turned WiFi off totally.

For the rest of the day, I got no more emails. I went into Settings and turned off the data signal and backed out of the settings. I waited a couple of minutes and turned the data signal back on. It all synced up. I thought that would be my answer, or at least a clue. I sure don't want to do that every time I want to see if I got mail.

Tried it the next time and that doesn't work. Tried opening up each account. Sometimes it syncs. Sometimes it doesn't. Turning data on and off no longer helps. Should I really have to jump through hoops every time I want to see email on my phone?

jet

Reaction score
Can't help you. I sinc through gmail, never tried it with hotmail/live accounts as I just don't use them enough to bother.