email issues

lcarbrey

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues where email seems to stop checking itself and alerting? I have 3 email accounts that all work just fine if I go in to them, but don't seem to keep checking themselves at the intervals I specified. Is there a better app someone's found that I should try?

Silver Member
Reaction score
check out k9 mail or some people like touchdown, but it's $$.

you could also try having gmial check your mail.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues where email seems to stop checking itself and alerting? I have 3 email accounts that all work just fine if I go in to them, but don't seem to keep checking themselves at the intervals I specified. Is there a better app someone's found that I should try?

Found that my gmail synch hadn't updated since yesterday this morning. Refresh worked fine but I'm suspecting there was a glitch on the server end. I'll wait to see if the behavior continues.

Silver Member
Reaction score
if all of your sync options are enabled properly, gmail does occasionally experience delays. i haven't found any rhyme or reason or method of troubleshooting yet, but i'm on the lookout.

OP
L

lcarbrey

Reaction score
Thanks. It's not the gmail account I was having issues with, an att account and 2 yahoo small business ones. But so far K9 seems just what I need. Thank you.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
if all of your sync options are enabled properly, gmail does occasionally experience delays. i haven't found any rhyme or reason or method of troubleshooting yet, but i'm on the lookout.

That doesn't surprise (or concern me for that matter.) In my case, however, it was probably the dreaded "user error." Noticed that my "Power Control" widget had the "refresh" turned off. Once I turned it on, everything went back to normal.

Detonation

Reaction score
One of my POP accounts stopped updating and I remember reading others had the problem and it usually had to do with your mailbox getting too large. Restarting your phone or deleting and re-adding that email account seemed to fix it. I've since just had my POP email downloaded through gmail and haven't had a lot of problems.