Email force close issue

dpaine88

Reaction score
Ok so everything was working fine on my phone.

Then, I went into the Abs System and went into App Removal. ****ed around and deleted various apps, browser, messaging etc.

Then I rebooted and noticed upon reboot I got a FC on email without even opening it.

I can open email but after 10 seconds it FC's.

I went to an older backup, still did it.

I then wiped data/cache and did a fresh install of LithMod.

Still there.

Did a Fix Permission in RM(why didnt I do this earlier?)

Still there.

WTF......

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
Are we talking gmail app, stock email app, or some other email client?

Stock E-EMail

Well this is weird...I read your sig and downloaed K-9.

Hated it, but it stopped my regular email FC issue...

Uninstalled and rebooted and no force close..

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's pretty weird!

Hey, but you should stay away from that stock client. Did you see some of the bugs it has?

What do you hate about K9? Maildroid is another one that's free.

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
That's pretty weird!

Hey, but you should stay away from that stock client. Did you see some of the bugs it has?

What do you hate about K9? Maildroid is another one that's free.

1) no checkbox, I like how the stock has the checkbox. On K-9 I had to click the very left hand side of the email to select it, which was really a pain.

2) I didnt like how it started to preview the email in my Inbox, I just want the title and who sent it.

3) I want a black background.

I messed around in the settings for like 5 minutes and didn't fix it so I said screw it.

If any of those problems can be changed, please enlighten me :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
In K9:
1) There's an option for multiselect boxes. They checkboxes are on the left, though.
2) I like that feature. You can mess with the font sizes, but I don't think you can turn it off.
3) Just choose the dark theme.

But forget all that, the stock email client is scary to use. Check out my post here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-general-discussions/69443-email-alerts.html#post725953

It's sendin' out random emails to people, not polling, sending out gibberish.

Plus, K9 has more features. Different notifications light colors and sounds per account, ability to copy the text of an email, search, ability to choose different From addresses, etc.

I believe that K9 is open source and I think the devs work for Google and it's part of their 20% project. Don't quote me on this, it's just that their google code site says that they plan to fold K9's features into the stock client.

Maildroid is another one, but I doubt it's open source and who knows who makes it.

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
In K9:
1) There's an option for multiselect boxes. They checkboxes are on the left, though.
2) I like that feature. You can mess with the font sizes, but I don't think you can turn it off.
3) Just choose the dark theme.

But forget all that, the stock email client is scary to use. Check out my post here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-general-discussions/69443-email-alerts.html#post725953

It's sendin' out random emails to people, not polling, sending out gibberish.

Plus, K9 has more features. Different notifications light colors and sounds per account, ability to copy the text of an email, search, ability to choose different From addresses, etc.

I believe that K9 is open source and I think the devs work for Google and it's part of their 20% project. Don't quote me on this, it's just that their google code site says that they plan to fold K9's features into the stock client.

Maildroid is another one, but I doubt it's open source and who knows who makes it.

Thanks man.

The main issue is those checkboxes.

The multi select, does that make an actual box on the left hand side? Or the same deal where you need to click that tiny thing on the left.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The multiselect makes a checkmark type "void" in a colored box, so yes, it is an actual checkbox...just colored and on the left

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
The multiselect makes a checkmark type "void" in a colored box, so yes, it is an actual checkbox...just colored and on the left

Thanks bro, I got it to work finally. For a while I would check it, exit settings and it would uncheck so thats why I didn't think there was a setting for it.

Switched to K-9 now :)