email, copy and paste. Can I ?

crankyg

Reaction score
I received an email , that I looked at on my laptop, w/ 3 attachments. 1 pdf that I could open. The other 2, I could not open ( 1 was a docx, 1 was a wps - I tried creating a an association in the File Folder , but no luck- that's a whole 'nother problem )

I was however able to open the docx when accessing my email from my phone. ( not the wps though)

I tried to "copy and paste" so i could sent it as a "non attachment", to email.

Here's where I get lost..

After selecting the section I want , my options are to save or save as . It auto saves to my SD card.
( it opens in quickoffice)
I cannot "copy and paste " and have it save to my "clipboard" like when I copy a selection from a web page. I just don't understand.

I need to copy this, send it and print it asap.

If anyone can help, my head is spinning......

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like quick office won't let you select text and copy it. Ideas:
1) find another app that will let you do that. Sorry, I don't know of any.
2) use opera mini browser to upload the docs to google docs where you should be able to copy the text

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hope this major fail gets fixed asap. not being able to copy/paste in emails is killing me too

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
It looks like quick office won't let you select text and copy it. Ideas:
1) find another app that will let you do that. Sorry, I don't know of any.
2) use opera mini browser to upload the docs to google docs where you should be able to copy the text

So I should download opera mini browser? And where do I locate google docs? I have a gmail account, but it's not my default ,since I rarely use it. Sorry, this is just a little more involved then I am use to ( for simple tasks ) I am really just a basic user..thank you

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the native Gmail app for my Gmail and my two pop3 accounts. I also use Documents 2 Go for docs, pdf, spreadsheets, etc. I just ran a test and sent myself an email with a docx attached. I opened the document with Doc2go, selected the text, replied to the email and pasted the selected text into the new email's body and it worked fine. Hope this helps.

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
I use the native Gmail app for my Gmail and my two pop3 accounts. I also use Documents 2 Go for docs, pdf, spreadsheets, etc. I just ran a test and sent myself an email with a docx attached. I opened the document with Doc2go, selected the text, replied to the email and pasted the selected text into the new email's body and it worked fine. Hope this helps.

Hi. THANK YOU ! at least I was able to send the email, and attachments, from my Verizon mail to my Gmail, open it, no problems ( *from my laptop ) and copy and paste it into an email, and printed it.

However, (when I sent the email, from my phone, w/ attachments, to my Gmail,) I was able to open it, selected what I wanted to copy, but I can't get further than that.

Cannot paste AND my only options( from the menu ) are to "save and save as" .
again it all automatically goes to and opens in Quickoffice, and round and round we go.. UGHHHHHH

So when you say "Documents to Go", do I need to download this as an app ? And will it override from opening in stupid quickoffice?

Sorry for my confusion, and more questions -

I have just worked myself into such a frenzy about now having to get apps and such, and not knowing ANYTHING about ANYTHING pretty much....I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff - Thanks.. g.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hi. THANK YOU ! at least I was able to send the email, and attachments, from my Verizon mail to my Gmail, open it, no problems ( *from my laptop ) and copy and paste it into an email, and printed it.

However, (when I sent the email, from my phone, w/ attachments, to my Gmail,) I was able to open it, selected what I wanted to copy, but I can't get further than that.

again it all automatically goes to and opens in Quickoffice, and round and round we go.. UGHHHHHH

So when you say "Documents to Go", do I need to download this as an app ? And will it override from opening in stupid quickoffice?

I have just worked myself into such a frenzy about now having to get apps and such, and not knowing ANYTHING about ANYTHING pretty much....I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff - Thanks.. g.

Once you download and install Doc2go, the next time you go to open an attachment a popup will open asking do you want to use Quickoffice or Doc2go. Select Docs2go and your good.

We were all at your level of knowledge at one time. It just was a while ago for us. Two rules: 1. Don't sweat the small stuff, and 2. It's all small stuff.:)

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score

Once you download and install Doc2go, the next time you go to open an attachment a popup will open asking do you want to use Quickoffice or Doc2go. Select Docs2go and your good.

We were all at your level of knowledge at one time. It just was a while ago for us. Two rules: 1. Don't sweat the small stuff, and 2. It's all small stuff.:)

Oh Great ! I am gonna do that later * crosses fingers

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy learning, and challenging myself, but this " easy task" has become a time bandit, especially since, viewing an attachment , copying and pasting, was something I was doing 3 phones ago. ( and not having a computer for 2 years, I really relied on my phone for emails and such ! )

You're a gem and I thank you again. See what happens when I try it all out tonite. :) :)

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
Yes I see what you mean, all the options to copy, paste, etc.. are there ! ( the "open with" selection popped up also, just like you said. )
I had only downloaded the "free" version, and must purchase the full in order to complete the tasks I was looking to do.
Great help, thank you :)